Wildernest Outrigger pole hardware?

Jmax

Hey y'all

I'd like to install outrigger poles onto my Nest to prevent it from bouncing and rocking. Unfortunately I can't use a hi lift for this purpose, and my nest came without the necessary hardware.

Anyone have some close up pictures of the outrigger pole hardware? Would be very helpful!

Thanks

J

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
Nothing special. Two telescoping lengths, the top was swaged to fit the bracket on the lid and they originally had a plastic thumb screw on what's otherwise just a hose clamp.

DSC05507_sm.jpg

DSC05506_sm.jpg

DSC05505_sm.jpg

Clutch

<---Pass
You can get quick adjust tent poles from Cabelas or similar. Are you missing the angle aluminum pieces that are on the shell itself too?

LINK

Attachments

• tent poles.jpg
    tent poles.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Jmax

Any pictures of the original bracket on the shell that these poles attach to? Again, thank you!

Clutch

<---Pass
Any pictures of the original bracket on the shell that these poles attach to? Again, thank you!

Welcome!

Nothing special...guess I keep on forgetting to replace the hardware with stainless, doh! I put stainless hinges on though.

Here is a link to some part numbers: http://forum.expeditionportal.com/archive/index.php/t-4338.html

29216552_10156265552669630_5005994283197050286_n.jpg

scojo1

I made mine by cutting a 10' length of thick walled aluminum pipe in half and threading the 2 plain ends.
Then screwed steel pipe caps on one end of both pipes. Drill and tap the caps to accommodate 3/8 threaded rod.
Cut a couple pieces of threaded rod(I made mine about 18" each)and screw into the cap. Thread a nut down for a lock nut,
then add 2 more to each. One for below the bracket and one for above. Screw a couple of flanges for feet on the other end and your done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles