Planning a trip

Maybe many of you younger folks won’t remember this. But back in the old days you could go into aaa get what was called a trip ticket. What is was the trip you wanted to take plotted out on a map booklet that was about 3x8. Each page was a map of your route highlighte with each turn marked. A custom road map booklet for your trip. Nowadays I can’t find an app that will let me do that. I am going to my new jeep in Caldwell idaho and want to drive it back to San Diego. But since it’s new I have to take it easy for the first 300 miles So what I don’t want is google putting me on a freeway. I want to create a digital. Trip ticket. But what app do I use ?

REDONE

[s]hard[/s]MEDIUM Core!
I'm surprised you found a new vehicle, even a Wrangler, that doesn't have built in navigation. Even when you don't pay for all the Uconnect stuff, it should blutooth to your phone and work with your google maps.

Don't get me wrong, it drives me nuts hearing computer lady blurt out orders like a drill sergeant so I don't listen to her, but she's right way more often than I am when I disagree.

EDIT to add, that even with Google, you can click "options" and it will have some check-boxes for things to avoid, like highways (by which they mean interstates) and tolls. I just did a quick google map of Caldwell to Sandog and it doesn't put you on an interstate until Elko, NV, and even then, it's only 15 miles until you turn south off of it. The next interstate is 15 north of San Bernardino, but once you're that close I don't think you can avoid it. SoCal traffic is SoCal traffic.

Last edited:
Ok so maybe I'm doing something wrong because it puts me on us 95 South within 15 miles using my iPad I don't see any options heck even on my old 430 FPS in my (just sold today ) I had avoid freeway. An avoi toll roads options. What am I missing. I see no option on my iPad?the new one has full gaps nav with 8.4. U connect. I was trying to decide what good things ther are to see and do between Carlsbad and Caldwell

Superduty

Adventurer
Do they still recommend not driving freeway for first x number of miles in New cars?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

ipconfig

Maybe many of you younger folks won't remember this. But back in the old days you could go into aaa get what was called a trip ticket. What is was the trip you wanted to take plotted out on a map booklet that was about 3x8. Each page was a map of your route highlighte with each turn marked. A custom road map booklet for your trip. Nowadays I can't find an app that will let me do that. I am going to my new jeep in Caldwell idaho and want to drive it back to San Diego. But since it's new I have to take it easy for the first 300 miles So what I don't want is google putting me on a freeway. I want to create a digital. Trip ticket. But what app do I use ?

Google maps has an avoid freeway option.

drm

I used furkot on my last roadtrip. You can save offline to phone and use for navigation. Its similar but more user friendly n tn an base camps trip planner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles