Ford releases teaser pic of 2020 Bronco.

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I swore I heard somewhere it was a 4 door, I think it's basically going to be an SUV (body on frame) with an edge body and offroad bumpers

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Anyone who thinks there will be a Wrangler competitor with solid front axle and removable top needs to put the crack pipe down. That ship sailed in 1978 and it's not coming back.
What Ford is likely to do is the same thing Hollywood has been doing for years: They'll issue a "re-boot" by exploiting the name of a beloved product but none of the originality or the charm, purely as a marketing exercise. Dodge tried to do that with the Dart, as near as I can tell that was a dismal failure (didn't they drop that model after only a year or two?)
Might not even be a body-on-frame. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a unibody crossover with FWD/AWD (as in the new Jeep Cherokee.) Something like the Fiat Panda/Jeep Renegade. I could see that.
At best it's likely to be as described above: A Ranger-based mid-sized BOF-SUV (in other words, the same thing they made when they created the Explorer in 1990) with 4 doors and IFS. No removable top, no solid front axle, no manual transmission option. IOW just another cookie-cutter SUV that bears the name of its legendary predecessor.
The closest they might come to the original Bronco is I could see them offering a 2 door version in very limited quantities as a "halo" vehicle (IOW something that exists mainly to get people to come into the showroom so they can be sold something else.)

Here is a new article out today. Still same pic. but confirms it will the the same T6 platform as the Ranger, body on frame construction. They are already using the same platform for two mid-size SUVs. Article does mention a rumor that Dana has been tapped to be axle supplier. That is pretty much is a given, but they make the assumption it also means solid axles. I ain't holding my breath for solid axles.
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1115820_everything-we-know-about-the-2020-ford-bronco

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I *think* that is one version of it. From what I understand from the article it sounds like there will be a Bronco / Bronco II. This was the 'Bronco II'. Look at the outline of the shadow on the wall. Looks like the shadow shows the shape of what will be the 'Bronco'. Seems to match Fords other teaser pic.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
I *think* that is one version of it. From what I understand from the article it sounds like there will be a Bronco / Bronco II. This was the 'Bronco II'. Look at the outline of the shadow on the wall. Looks like the shadow shows the shape of what will be the 'Bronco'. Seems to match Fords other teaser pic.

That's the way I understand it as well. I just hope that the full-size version is better than that Renegade/FJC concoction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke