Ford releases teaser pic of 2020 Bronco.

GreenH3ll

It will surely be base on this by the look of the teaser...
...and before any critics , go look other video of what that little thing can do...can't wait!!!

Last edited:

REDONE

[s]hard[/s]MEDIUM Core!
Yeah, I don't buy it. It looks too much like a Wranger with round fenders under a tarp, way too reminiscent of the April Fools from last year. The shadowed red car in the article is a concept drawing of the new Edge, I've seen it in a couple of places already.

I really want someone to challenge Jeep in the convertible off-road market segment to drive innovation and price competition, but I haven't seen anything from Ford (new bronco) or Chevy (new Tracker) to suggest that anyone is serious about it. I'm really enjoying the fan-art and concept drawings, but we've all seen how those get watered down by the time it comes to production.

The april fools:
bronco-003.jpg

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
judging by the outline...It looks like the silver concept bronco they released in like 2004.

I really hope it has solid axles and lockers. A removable top would be awesome. If it had those 3 it would force Jeep to brainstorm a little and do something different.

I don't see matching the interior space as my 79 Bronco. I may purchase one for a daily driver though. It would be nice to have some newer tech and modern conveniences. I doubt that it will be solid axle front. No chance of lockers. Does Ford offer an E type locker option with any truck with an 8.8 rear axle? At best it might be available with Ford's Traction Lock clutch type limited slip. Probably a 6 speed automatic transmission with no manual option.

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
Yeah, I don't buy it. It looks too much like a Wranger with round fenders under a tarp, way too reminiscent of the April Fools from last year. The shadowed red car in the article is a concept drawing of the new Edge, I've seen it in a couple of places already.

I really want someone to challenge Jeep in the convertible off-road market segment to drive innovation and price competition, but I haven't seen anything from Ford (new bronco) or Chevy (new Tracker) to suggest that anyone is serious about it. I'm really enjoying the fan-art and concept drawings, but we've all seen how those get watered down by the time it comes to production.

The april fools:
bronco-003.jpg

well Ford themselves posted the latest one, sooo

02rangeredge

Adventurer
I think it's getting the ranger driveline if I remember right, so IFS and a solid rear- but there may be a rear locker on the offroad versions

Phil8ABug

The closer we get to the release the more anxious I get.

Want a tough little 4x4, probably get another CUV.

Who wants to bet it will have a knob for the transmission shifter?

Desert Dan

Explorer
It will probably be similar to the Everest.

Will the dealer mark-up be more than the Raptors?

I wonder what will come out first the Jeep Pick Up or new Bronco LOL?

Why does it take so long ? Ford and Jeep are losing sales to other brands.

Tex68w

Beach Bum
As a former bronco owner, '72 and '95, I have been anticipating this for more than a decade with all of the talk, concepts, supposed spy photos, etc. If it is in fact based off of the Ranger platform then there won't be lockers or a live axle up front. If that's the case then I doubt I'll have use for one, I'd prefer a full-size for the room. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I have little faith that it'll be anything that perks my interest.

Yeah I think we can rule out it being full size. It is going to be Ranger drivetrain based. As far as the chassis we can all guess at this point. We can all dream but I think with Ford's failure with the Exploder, full size was never going to be considered. As far as lockers I think the best we can hope from them will be a clutch based limited slip. who knows they may surprise us with an Aussie Locker (Eaton's TruTrac Torsen type differential). Think more along the lines of Bronco II size. Great for two people camping but a family of four will find a lack of rear storage space. Remove the rear seat and you will be blessed with about as much space as a Suburban or Excursion with the rear seats.

I am blessed and cursed with both a Full size 79 and a 90 something Bronco II. I just can't bring myself to get enthused about the Bronco II. It is fully loaded 4wd with manual transmission. It has been parked for more years than it has been driven. It suffers from a cursed 2.9 Liter V6 with cracked heads. One day when I finish the Big Bronco I might think about swapping in something like a stock small block or a Coyote engine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles