WTB 4x4 platform

msumms

hi guys, long time lurker, first time poster. Had to sell my LR4 to fund a prius commuter. Located in socal but can travel. looking for mild or stock builds, would like to keep my budget around $7.5k if possible but would obviously like to spend less and have $ left over for some mods. craigslist is a bit of a cesspool here.

Freeway mpg at least 15. we end up in death valley and Bakersfield often so lots of freeway miles en route to our destinations. gen 2/2.5 montero, 4runner/gx, f truck, etc. AWD wagons considered too, could even go slumming with a CRV-esque ride that's been treated well.

edit definitely can't go too far outside cali, also gotta be confident that it will pass smog here. prefer automatic but would consider manual if it's really special

Last edited:

baja1

I am about to sell a 1991 bone stock Toyota pickup 4x4, extra cab, 5 speed 22RE engine in excellent condition. Cold A/C, clean interior, zero rust, 180,000 miles. 7k if interested in San Diego.

msumms

I am about to sell a 1991 bone stock Toyota pickup 4x4, extra cab, 5 speed 22RE engine in excellent condition. Cold A/C, clean interior, zero rust, 180,000 miles. 7k if interested in San Diego.

sent you a pm. thanks :)

ZJARCHER

Adventurer
I have a 96 4runner with a factory elocker that Im about to sell. It's rough. But runs and drives great. New timing belt, water pump, steering R&P, balljoints, few other parts. I'm in AZ and wouldn't hesitate to drive it to .CA and back. It'll pass smog as well. 3900 OBO so you have room to fix the stuff that needs to be addressed. It's mostly aesthetic and little things like the power window switch, small leak, window washer reservoir, etc .. id DD it forever if I hadn't just bought an 01. It just needs some TLC. Paint and interior aren't perfect. PM or email me if interested. Aim4xAZ@aol.com

msumms

had a lot of good offers but still searching. i will also be in chicago next month and can consider vehicles in the midwest area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke