Shackle angle

Mccool

Observer
I'm a*little concerned about my shackle angle. I have the mounts clamped at the recommended spacing. I know when I put the weight of the trailer on the axle, it will flatten out some but does this look acceptable without any weight on it?

mhgeo3k.jpg

Flhtruss

Observer
Hello Mccool
Not an expert by any means, the fact you are at fool droop and shackle is not where it could over reach the wrong direction is good.
Following the manufacturer measurement should be correct.
Russ

Lmg

I'm a*little concerned about my shackle angle. I have the mounts clamped at the recommended spacing. I know when I put the weight of the trailer on the axle, it will flatten out some but does this look acceptable without any weight on it?

mhgeo3k.jpg

Here is the best info I have found:
http://www.bedfordspeedway.com/toolbox_leaf.htm

I actually built and loaded my trailer before welding on the rear spring hanger so I could get the angle I wanted. Tack welded it, then relocated hanger and welded it at the end of the build.

Mccool

Observer
Thanks fellas. I considered waiting to fully weld it until the end but it will substantially more difficult to flip at that point.

PacificNorthWestJeeper

Blissfully Lost
From what I have seen and did, the rear shackles should be set at 23 degrees which equates to 1 inch offset from the bottom to the top hole of the shackle.
I used some load on mine to get it right.

Attachments

• trailer45.jpg
    trailer45.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 21

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles