Buzzing motor sound passenger side chevy express

Scotty D

Driving today with the windows down I heard a funny buzzing sound about every quarter mile or so. Lasted about a second each time.
Cant tell if its some servo in the door or maybe the fuel pump?
Any ideas?

Scotty D

How bad a situation is that?
I am way down south in Baja.Heading back to the US in about a week.

Scotty D

Its a 2009 chevy express AWD gas with a 5.3
I have driven it through so much sand in the last few weeks that the brakes will not stop squeaking. As soon and the old sand finally works its way out of the pads, new sand gets in.
I am in Mulege now and will head north through some bad road in the next few days.

fire_strom

Adventurer
Was researching a slow fuel fill condition on my van and saw a GM TSB about noise possibly like describe. Maybe something to dig into. Sorry no link or more info. The TSB’s were a pay-for thing.
-G

Scotty D

That is interesting because I have an intermittent slow fill situation as well.
Did you fix yours?

fire_strom

Adventurer
Maybe. I pulled the tank venting, the EVAP tubing and fill tube and blew air through them. Blocked everything and gently pressurized the tank with a rafting pump. I don't know, it actuated some valve somewhere. I put it all back together and went to the last place that was ************ to fill and it filled fine. We'll see, haven't filled it since. Will try again in the next day or two. Sorry we're highjacking though so ping me or start another thread about it, it seems to be a GM thing and might be a good resource.
-G

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles