2011 Ram DRW to SRW Conversion?

nocoastxj

Sorry to revive/hijack but I figured the expertise found on this thread applies.

On a scale from 1-5, 5 being totally worth it; should I be considering DRW 3rd Gen Rams for an expedition build including a DRW to SRW conversion?

I want to go up to an 04-07 5.9 cummins megacab and put a flatbed on it to haul my FWC Grandby. There are a lot more buying options when I include DRW 3500s in my search querying. I've read fairly extensively into the nuts and bolts of completing the DRW to SRW conversion but the issues with finding fairly common off road ready tire/wheel combos that this thread is detailing deters me from bothering with it. Running a DRW would be awesome when I'm loaded down with camper, sled/or dirt bike trailer, etc... and trucking along on the highways and bi-ways, but daily and off road/snow use would not be my cup of tea and my 2nd gen SRW Ram 2500 has seen many a rough road and heavy winters here in Wyoming.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
Sorry to revive/hijack but I figured the expertise found on this thread applies.

On a scale from 1-5, 5 being totally worth it; should I be considering DRW 3rd Gen Rams for an expedition build including a DRW to SRW conversion?

I want to go up to an 04-07 5.9 cummins megacab and put a flatbed on it to haul my FWC Grandby. There are a lot more buying options when I include DRW 3500s in my search querying. I've read fairly extensively into the nuts and bolts of completing the DRW to SRW conversion but the issues with finding fairly common off road ready tire/wheel combos that this thread is detailing deters me from bothering with it. Running a DRW would be awesome when I'm loaded down with camper, sled/or dirt bike trailer, etc... and trucking along on the highways and bi-ways, but daily and off road/snow use would not be my cup of tea and my 2nd gen SRW Ram 2500 has seen many a rough road and heavy winters here in Wyoming.

I’m currently looking for the same info

arbor-us

ram3500 drw to srw

I am in the process of going SRW on my DRW Ram 3500 4x4. Method 305 NV/HD wheels are rated @ 4,500 lbs. I'm putting Nitto Ridge Grapplers 305x65r18's. rated @ "F" 3,950 lbs. My ram 3500 dually had Yukon free spin hubs. I am converting the hubs to SRW (3" narrower on each side) with Yukon parts. I'm pretty sure to keep the track in line I'll need steel 1" wheel spacers on the rear. Waiting for wheels and tires to arrive to mount and confirm track widths. IMO, dual rear wheels just don't work well in sand. I looked into 19.5 Rickson, 1st Attack 20x11's both a bad idea on my Ram 3500
i have a 2007.5 ram 3500 cab and chassis. could you have done this without changing hubs. im looking for a bolt on solution with same weigh ability more or less.

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Just throwing this out there...

I ran 35x12.50's with no lift and no rubbing on my Ram. I had an aftermarket bumper (Ranch Hand Sport) which gave plenty of clearance in front of the tire. I ran extended control arms to push the axle forward to give more room behind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier