6 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT FCC CHANGES FOR FRS AND GMRS RADIOS

Frdmskr

Adventurer
So I'll bite. What current Midland models run the 2w? If nothing yet, anything in the pipeline?

The only bad thing I can see is the channels are already a mess when you are on a high spot. I hope folks spread out more and get off just the lower channels. The only reason I use FRS/GMRS is with one off road group I have done runs with. Otherwise its ham radio gear.

sonoronos

Usually broken down on the side of the road
The only bad thing I can see is the channels are already a mess when you are on a high spot. I hope folks spread out more and get off just the lower channels. The only reason I use FRS/GMRS is with one off road group I have done runs with. Otherwise its ham radio gear.

Out of curiosity, where in VA do you find there is too much traffic on FRS/GMRS?

Frdmskr

Adventurer
When you’re doing the flagpole running you get up out of the hollow on top of the mountain you guess get hammered with tons and tons of other people using FRS and GMRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frdmskr

Adventurer
When you’re doing the flagpole running you get up out of the hollow on top of the mountain you guess get hammered with tons and tons of other people using FRS and GMRS.

Sorry this was a bit gibberish. I was using voice-to-text.

craig333

Expedition Leader
Interesting, I rarely hear anyone on frs or gmrs unless its in a campground. Regional differences I guess.

SportsmanJake

Adventurer
When you're doing the flagpole running you get up out of the hollow on top of the mountain you guess get hammered with tons and tons of other people using FRS and GMRS.

This has been my experience too. Even with squelch turned up all the way, you get so much static.
I am setting up privacy tones before I go next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne