Spray on bed liner

cr500taco

Adventurer
Looking into a bed liner, so I can get rid of my plastic bed liner. The shop near my house uses Raptor, which I haven't heard of before, but from my online research, seems to be good Wondering what's the difference between, LineX, Raptor and Rhino. What bed liner do you guys recommend?

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I have Linex in the Tundra and a local no-name liner in the Dodge. No perceptible difference between the two. The Dodge no-name liner has been in the truck and used hard for 12 years with no issues other than being dirty. The one is the Tundra has been there for about 4 years and looks better but has not been used as hard or as long. Both trucks have shells.

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
Raptor is excellent. I helped a friend spray his entire suv that was hail damaged. We worked the metal as best we could and sprayed three light coats. It looks great and has held up to several years of off-roading. I plan on spraying my entire van when I start my build in the late spring.

trailscape

Explorer
There was Rhino liner in my old Tundra when I bought it and I can't say I cared for it. Compared to Line-X, it looked dull, felt smooth, softer and overly thick.

motoboss

Bad Influence
Do it yourself, Raptor Liner. Having it done, Rhino. My experience with LineX is it's thin and scratches off easily, but I carry a lot of equipment in and out constantly.

downhill

Adventurer
Raptor is a quality spray liner. The most forgiving and easy for a DIY project is Monstaliner. It can be rolled on with very good results, and comes in a ton of colors. It is what I plan to use this summer.

zerodrift

Adventurer
I'll be trying out the Raptor Liner product here soon. What sold me was the diy friendly kit, consistent texture when applied and the fact that you can buy a tintable version. I can report back when the project is finished to share my results.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

shifty98

Observer
I have done roll on Herculiner in my Jeep Tub. It is nice. It is not particularly hard on it because it's not a truck bed but it is nice to be able to just hose it out after tracking mud in. I am very interested in the Raptorliner as I am thinking about maybe repainting my M1101 Toyota TRD tan this summer.

Pangle

Wanderer
I second monstaliner.. I love their product and have done several builds with it... FARRRRRR less expensive than linex which I have in my truck bed. Can be rolled on and if you take your time it can look really good!

zerodrift

Adventurer
Here is the Raptor Liner paint job! It's tinted in the factory color and was sprayed to have the rough texture. It's certainly an interesting look and feel so far and will be cured over the next 72 hours or so.
ccbccfc3f5e58a438372b490872fdbfd.jpg
4bab9a3971a477f943c135ec742ce194.jpg
a3409f5b73d24b2cb7e781246dcb7924.jpg
bcc2f907b5be801fcc1652fecc6789e5.jpg
f444798a9d29091e10b16cba16afa36e.jpg

zerodrift

Adventurer
That looks awesome!
Thanks! It was a fun project and not too bad on the budget. That paint job took 6 liters in total and was easy to apply. Probably 8-12 hours overall. We sort of over did the prep work and took on additional projects (welding holes and filling two small dents) and it turned out rather nicely!

Factoid

Three criminal heroes
No such thing as over prep. You will be rewarded with a long lasting and durable finish.

I'll be coating my 101 FC later this spring.

Ambulando

That's a tough look Zerodrift.
I have a question regarding this bed liner stuff: I've converted a box truck for expedition, and I'm planning to roller on some Raptor for a durable finish to the box and smarten it up. The box has a thin fibreglass roof that has gone slightly porous letting in water, and originally I was going to Gelcoat it to seal it. But it has just occurred to me that I could just buy a few more litres of Raptor and do the roof in bed liner to seal it instead. Is this a sound plan?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles