Opinions on Febest parts?

rajin cajun

Adventurer
So, I've always been a diehard OEM Mitsu owner. But, the OEM parts add up and are becoming harder to find. I know Febest are german engineered, but made in China. Haven't had good luck with Chinese metal.

Has anyone used Febest parts? Long term report? They have good reviews on amazon. I go to really isolated areas by myself, so I buy quality parts. But, my financial situation has changed, so I'm working off a limited budget.

Just ordered all new pulleys for Montero. Dang it was very expensive. But, we already know that.

Just changed the ball joints and used OEM. I noted that the rubber on the original ball joints were thicker than current OEM ball joints. Just an anecdotal observation.:coffee:

*Update: After perusing the internet. Febest parts are not known to be reliable. Will stick with OEM for now! Even a master tech in Germany has never heard of this brand. Internet only according to him!

Cheers,

RC

Last edited:

rajin cajun

Adventurer
I purchased Mitsubishi OEM MR296269 MR2962070. The lower ball joints were from 2013. Rubber were destroyed and lower BJ slightly bent. 129, 800 miles. They lasted 24 years.

Cheers,

RC

IncorpoRatedX

Explorer
I'm working with a company right now to bring something reliable to the market. The new test units go on my truck (99 montero) in the next couple of weeks. If they meet our standards, we'll move forward. Until then, the best source for ball joints has been dealer, or moog, but moog quality has gone way down hill and that prompted our search for a real manufacture that would listen to our requests for quality components.

PacS14

Adventurer
I'm working with a company right now to bring something reliable to the market. The new test units go on my truck (99 montero) in the next couple of weeks. If they meet our standards, we'll move forward. Until then, the best source for ball joints has been dealer, or moog, but moog quality has gone way down hill and that prompted our search for a real manufacture that would listen to our requests for quality components.
Sweet! I'll hold up on buying parts then, this is something I'll need soon, I can drive my truck while I wait a while for these parts to come out. Hopefully they are good.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

i got triple 5's from japan. see how that works.

i'm looking into building my own upper, with heim joints and a rebuildable ball joint with a 15 degree socket.

lowers, i'm most definitely going to reuse my gen 1 stuff , slot the b.j. holes for lateral adjustment and try rebuildables there too. but thats in conjunction with my coil spring.

Im also looking into a bearing in the lower location and replacing the ball joint altogether. like we have on the old ford one tons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94