Axle Ratios e350 Van with 6bt nv4500 nv271

Justgosurfin

Currently 3.54 rear on ~32s. I’m in the process of lifting it and converting to 4wd. From the calculators I’ve found online it looks like 3.73 is going to lower my 70 mph engine speed ~100 rpm. 4.10 will raise it ~100 rpm from where I am now at about 2000.

Not too concerned about low gear as first is 5.61 and second is 3.04. I don’t even use first unless I’m towing something 6k plus.

Any thoughts or reason not to do 3.73? I’d kind of rather lower my highway speed than increase low end but the change is so subtle anyways...

Hunting for an 04 super duty d60 to use with this ujoint off road lift kit and they’re all 3.73 or 4.1 so I’ll have to change the rear. Just want to try to make up my mind before buying a front axle so I don’t have to end up changing both.

Also, thoughts on filling and redrilling lug holes on my wheels? The 04s are metric and kit comes with metric spacer for the rear.

Thanks for your help.

John

nitro_rat

Lunchbox Lockers
Always easier to step up to a taller tire than to re-gear again. I’ve never been sorry I went too deep with the gearing...

Justgosurfin

Noted. Of course famous last words “I don’t plan on going any higher/bigger” it’s a tall enough van as it is. Add a hard hi top and I’m way over 9’....

But yea. I might do all this and just not connect the front shaft at first. The front axles are a dime a dozen down here in south Florida so I’ll see how it goes with the 3.54 and decide from there I guess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94