USB connected blanket

colotaco

Adventurer
I have a Tacoma with a flippac. I don't have any aux. battery setup. Im trying to use USB power packs to run lights and was wondering if anyone knew of a solid electric throw or blanket that was USB compatible that I could run off a Goal Zero Flip 30?

WOODY2

Adventurer
I have a Tacoma with a flippac. I don't have any aux. battery setup. Im trying to use USB power packs to run lights and was wondering if anyone knew of a solid electric throw or blanket that was USB compatible that I could run off a Goal Zero Flip 30?
You just need a better bag?

rkfoote

Short answer: no.
Longer answer: The flip 30 is ~ 30W/hr of power. A decent blanket will draw 100~200 watts. So your battery would last ~15 minutes if you could pull the power out. You can only pull about 10 watts (5v * 2amp), which isn't enough power to really do anything. If you look at something like the Yeti 1000, you can run a blanket for ~5-10 hours depending on the blanket.

llamalander

A 12v. mattress pad runs about 65w but will be slower to get your bedding up to the temp. you want.
If you remember to turn it on for the last hour or so of driving, you can use alternator to do the work.
Even if you don't have it on while you are parked, it can be a noticeable improvement.
If you have a low-voltage shutoff for your battery and/or a jump pack, you can run it all night, but combined with good bedding, that may not be necessary.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94