Awning with side panels/nets

BeachBoy

Hi, first post here.

Having three young kids, we are not yet to the RTT type of overlanding, we want to start by keeping hotel sleep with vehicle food prep/eating.

I'm looking for an awning that has or can have sides/netting around. We are going for 2 weeks around northern Quebec/Labrador/Newfoundland and it will be mosquito land...

What are our options? I'd like an awning type.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
We have the ARB 2500 (x 2500), and we've been very happy with the "bug room" on ours.

I have eyeballed the new "full tent" model that includes roll windows w/ screens, etc. but we have plenty of sleep/live space inside the van, so we mainly use the bug room for food prep/eating if the buzzies get bad.

BeachBoy

So I bought a demo at a very good price.

It's a 2.5m side awning with the "foxwing" that covers the back, sonlarger than a foxwing that has only triangular panels.

Requires posts at each corner and set up with two people but for my use it should be good.

Going on a 3000miles trip end of June I'll see how it goes.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

VanIsle_Greg

I think I need a bigger truck!
I picked up an OZtrail awning and room last year. I still have the room in the box (just sold my trailer it mounted to) but the awning was used a bunch of times. Very good quality stuff and Matt at Kakadu is a great guy to deal with. He will ship pretty much anywhere too.

https://www.kakaducamping.com/collections/awnings-and-accessories

They have lots of options. I have seen all of these deployed, and there is a surprising amount of room in one of those rooms. There are also bunk bed cots available that are nice for kids should you ever want to sleep in there with the fam! Have a great trip!!

https://www.kakaducamping.com/collections/camp-furniture/products/double-bunk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier