bmw r1200gs

helvio46

hi ppl i hav r1200gs from uk,i got it from salvage with no keys can i use american ecu?someone knows if americans bmw have shipped keys?may thanks

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
Welcome to ExPo! The 1200GS is a great bike!

It might be easier to find a UK/Euro ECU in the UK...but,

I don't see what, if any, difference a US ECU would have...but you'd likely have an answer on www.advrider.com , in the forums section, under "GSpot". That's where all the GS guys hang....

Tons of technical knowledge over there. One word of warning though...it's a bit tougher sometimes than ExPo, so you might want to use the spell check before posting there...

-H-

Sleeping Dog

Adventurer
Keys

Assuming that you have proper title, any BMW dealer should be able to get you keys using the VIN number. All the keys are chipped so that the ID info on the chip needs to match that in the ecu for the bike to run.

Jim

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
jfm_stl said:
Assuming that you have proper title, any BMW dealer should be able to get you keys using the VIN number. All the keys are chipped so that the ID info on the chip needs to match that in the ecu for the bike to run.

Jim

When did BMW start this? Or is it only on the R/K bikes?

My '07 F650GS runs fine with a plain steel key...

Schattenjager

Expedition Leader
helvio46 said:
hi ppl i hav r1200gs from uk,i got it from salvage with no keys can i use american ecu?someone knows if americans bmw have shipped keys?may thanks

Did you use the TXT message feature of your cell phone for this first post? Just curious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles