Diesel hot water systems

Coachgeo

Explorer
The system from Rixen is sold as a kit. The installation manual is on their site, but it's...sparse. He says they will have an installation video in a couple months (don't wanna wait that long). But they'll sell the complete kit for about $5200. I'm currently....mulling. That's a lot. The Espar at the heart of the system is only $1600, but it's the other stuff that adds up.

--Donnie
the one I posted ranged in price from 750usd to 1500usd... mattered the size desired. Looks like it is either a large heat exchanger or maybe a reservoir to me.... cept the hot water was a bit on a circuit maintaining the temp. Either way if reservoir or heat exchanger either one's ability to produce continuous hot water would increase as the size did. Must be why they sell various sizes.. each larger than the other from 4gpm to 6gpm.

djb_rh

Observer
Coachgeo, what you posted is simply a heat exchanger (sometimes referred to as a "calorifier", I believe). That's a small part of the bigger system. You still need a heater (you can use engine heat if you wanna run the engine, or an Espar or Webasto heater for about $1500), a mix valve, and a whole host of other things to make a complete system.

--Donnie

Coachgeo

Explorer
Coachgeo, what you posted is simply a heat exchanger (sometimes referred to as a "calorifier", I believe). That's a small part of the bigger system. You still need a heater (you can use engine heat if you wanna run the engine, or an Espar or Webasto heater for about $1500), a mix valve, and a whole host of other things to make a complete system.

--Donnie
correct..... I posted that this was the case earlier. The other price quotes seemed to say that they too were NOT including the price of the Webasco or Espar. Their prices sound REAL HIGH for not have the heater included. PS. Used Webasco/Espars are out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles