1940 Chevrolet Expedition Trailer

grimbo

Explorer
nice little trailer build. Have you thought of puttinga canvas tarp over the top of the trailer to help with th dust and mud ingress. Could be as simple as velcro attached at the end, use a sail cloth channel for the fixed end and with the benefit of the rolled sides you could use small bungy attachemnts to hold it nice and tight

orangeTJ

Explorer
Very nice trailer once you got it set up to your liking.... I'm getting the bug to sell my TJ and buy a rig more suited to road trips/overland travel.

Been considering various trailer options as well. Can't wait to see what there is at OX11 in month.

mrwizard

Adventurer
I know it's been a long time since anyone commented on this build, but it's still one of my favorite adventure trailer build-ups. Mostly I think I like it because it is original, useful, well thought out, relatively inexpensive, and really sharp looking. Thanks for sharing Leary.

He blew the shock mounts in Big Bend in January and had to limp it home. Not sure if its been fixed yet as he and the Mrs. just welcomed their new daughter into the world.

Mykol74

Mr. Leary, I'm wondering how the RTT handles the Texas heat? More specifically, do you have any issues staying cool enough when sleeping in it (depending what seasons you go out)?

RonapRhys

Adventurer
Quick question as I'm in the process of building an M416 up and you've got a design idea I want in mine. Namely, mounting the RTT up off the top of the trailer. Do you ever get problems with the wind or at highway speeds? My plan is to have it about 5-6' off the ground as my RTT has an annex that hangs off and it'd be nice to use that. However, I do worry about the wind on the highway catching hold of it and making driving squirrely.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman