Riding Gear

1speed

Explorer
I know this has probably been covered before in bits and pieces, but wanted to get it all in one thread.
I bought a Shoei Hornet DS helmet and a Firstgear Torrent mesh jacket with a zip in rain liner.
I have some Magnum lace up boots (I know the pitfalls of laces) and Firstgear rain pants and boot covers from my former street bike days.
I will be looking for mesh riding pants, enduro boots and cuffed gloves later. I want to ride part of the TAT in the spring hopefully. What are you guys wearing head to toe?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
That all depends.

3 helmets: Shoei hornet DS, Shoei RF-1000, Fly racing open face.

3 jackets: Marsee 3/4 length jacket (waterproof outer shell, zip in liner), Olympia Airglide II mesh jacket (waterproof zip in liner), BMW Rally II Pro jacket (zip in waterproof liner).

3 pair of riding pants: Olympia Airglide II w/waterproof liner, BMW Rally II Pro w/waterproof liner, Klim Racing non-waterproof/non-liner/no pads.

Sidi Discovery boots.

Gloves: Marsee perf. leather, some thick, insulated cold weather gloves, a couple pair of light weight "dirt" gloves from Klim, Fox, etc.

Underwear is all moisture wicking stuff from various manufacturers.

I also have a Acerbis/Koerta pressure suit that I use when I am traveling alone and want to make good time (read: riding faster than normal--which really isn't that fast), various knee/shin pads, etc.

So what do I actually wear? Eh...all depends. To/from work, usually the Olympia stuff with my work boots and the RF-1000. As it cools off, I'll move to the BMW jacket with the BMW liner + the Olympia liner (because I'm a weenie when it gets cold). Out exploring on the weekend...usually the BMW stuff + the Shoei DS + Sidi boots. Out burning off some stress...the Acerbis pressure suit...and of course I carry a set of Frog Toggs with me for the rain....

My Acerbis Koerta Pressure suit protected me in a 40mph get off this weekend.

392772725_joyem-L.jpg

PA110071.jpg

392774239_v4Hzq-L.jpg

Can't see it, but my pants are ripped
PA110072.jpg

After

But I usually look like this...
DealsGap3.jpg

1speed

Explorer
Thanks for the feedback. I'm leaving tomorrow to pick up the Tiger, I'll be shopping, researching when I get back.

Oni

Adventurer
I also have and really like the Koerta. Fortunately have not had anything but a tip over while wearing it, but it did get some nasty gouges in the forearm armor that would have been nasty gouges on my arm had I not been wearing it. Have an Acerbis jacket I use with the Koerta and a R2P jacket I wear when it's warmer. Sometimes wear a Thor Aftershock chest protector underneath the R2P along with it's armor.

Have Arai XD for dual sport and an Arai (whatever the MX model is) for more dirt oriented rides.

check www.advrider.com Lots of good gear advice there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior