Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OREGON Members Check In Here!

Default OREGON Members Check In Here!

Hello, I though having a thread for Oregon members might be a good idea, so we can get together in the future for a run. May even find out that some of us are in the same area. Mrs. Rupe and I are in the Springfield area. We like exploring the dirt and rock roads in the high deserts of Oregon. We enjoy lcamping and wheeling as much as we can.

So if you are from Oregon, post up and tell us where you live and where you like to go and what type of wheeling you are into.
    '07 Jeep JK Wrangler X, 2dr,6spd, Dynatrac Pro44/trail60, 5.13's, RK 3.5 lift, lockers
    Jumping Jack Trailer
    Coodinator for Oregon Chapter of 4x4him.or
    PNWadventure.com
    If you don't like logging, then try using plastic toilet paper!
    <><

My wife and i are on the northern most tip of land next to the Columbia River. We enjoy rock hounding, gold panning, and exploring the PNW in our TACO and bring along our Aliner Ease on most trips. We are not into technical stuff any more, though were big time when younger and had our FJ40.

Winter of 2011 we've sold the TACO and Aliner and are converting a 2010 Chevy Express AWD van for use as a light overland vehicle.

We would enjoy hooking up with ppl who appreciate the beauty of creation.

: ) Thom (& Cari)
    Last edited by Accrete; 01-16-2011 at 10:58 PM. Reason: updated info winter
    Blogging from the WET! Coast of Oregon USA
    2010 Chevy Express 1500 AWD Light-Overland-Vehicle build thread
    "You don't have to understand here, to be here." Charlie Crews

Hello from south and Central Oregon. I live in Medford and Bend - part time. Play and work all over eastern Oregon with my landcruisers. I'm currenly waying in at 3-60's 1-80, 1-45. The blue diesel 60 is set up for expedition use and has been to many places of the Western Americas. A couple pics. Bob n Sue
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHZT60
    Hello from south and Central Oregon. I live in Medford and Bend - part time. Play and work all over eastern Oregon with my landcruisers. I'm currenly waying in at 3-60's 1-80, 1-45. The blue diesel 60 is set up for expedition use and has been to many places of the Western Americas. A couple pics. Bob n Sue
    Hello, looks like a well set up LC 60. What kind of MPG to you get with it fully loaded? rupe
    '07 Jeep JK Wrangler X, 2dr,6spd, Dynatrac Pro44/trail60, 5.13's, RK 3.5 lift, lockers
    Jumping Jack Trailer
    PNWadventure.com
    <><

Spending my time here in McMInnville. Just getting into the offroad experience with the family. Joined pnwbackroads forum and this one. At this point mostly interested in expedition type of travel. Taking the road less traveled so to speak. I've spent some time at TSF getting some bent tube steps and tree branch pin striping. I'm the second owner of my 96. It has over 250000 miles on the original engine and transmission. I've replaced the rear axle with a true-trac 44. This is my first Jeep and it has not let me down once in the 3 years I've had it. Comfortable to drive and great off-road!! Looking forward to meeting more of you.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are truly awake and they live in a state of constant, total amazement." Joe vs the Volcano

Welcome ZJsheller- I will be up in your area next weekend, going to go see the Spruce Goose. I've seen it before but there is so much to see at the Air museum that we didn't have enough time to see everything the last time we went.
    I've been upto Browns camp area in the TSF a couple of times. Great trails.
    I will be going up there again one of these days, maybe we can meet up and do some wheeling together. Also for a day trip the Bohemian mining area out of Cottage Grove is a great place as well. Lots to see, and there is a medium type trail called The Noonday trail that is alot of fun and some really great viewing as well. I would be more then happy to lead you threw it sometime. rupe
    Last edited by Rupe; 10-19-2008 at 07:23 PM.
    Jumping Jack Trailer
    PNWadventure.com
    <><

The air museum is great!! They have just finished the aerospace museum and it is really well done also.

I've read about that Noonday trail and it sounds like a great experience. I'd be up for a trip there whenever. I'm available for TSF pretty much any Sat. or Sunday.

I'm also very interested in your 4x4him chapter.

Keep me posted.
    "My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are truly awake and they live in a state of constant, total amazement." Joe vs the Volcano

Welcome aboard zjsheller, glad you joined us. I sent you a PM about 4x4him

Noonday trail is a fun trail and once you get upon top there are other short trails and roads to run. Plus you can go upto the fire lookout and if anyone is there from the forest service they will let you come up and take a look around. Plus you can go down into the Ghost town Bohemia City and look around at a couple of buildings. There are mines all over, but they are on private property and we are not able to check them out other then stand at the opening and look, which is safer anyway. Some of these mines are still active. Again welcome to the site. rupe
    Jumping Jack Trailer
    PNWadventure.com
    <><

From the Portland area; long-time Oregon resident. Have some nice trucks for overlanding, though don't do much four-wheeling except when required by the trip.

Probably my favorite area is what some advertising type decided a few years back to name "The Oregon Outback" in east-central Oregon. Enough nice little small towns that you're not without services, but huge amounts of open space and even on the highways it's sometimes fifteen minutes between cars. I like the wide open spaces somewhat better than the forests; after 35 years here, seeing the huge numbers of huge trees isn't as special as it was when I got here.

Here's a picture of Camper Mog and my friend's 416 from a camping site we like along the John Day a bit north of Clarno.

Mike Hiscox

2003/2014 Sprinter 2500 mid/tall custom conversion
    2012 Porsche Cayenne TT on Duratracs
    2008 Lexus GX470
    1989 Yamaha FJ1200 sidecar rig

Default Oregon Outback

Nice pic. thanks for sharing. Mrs. Rupe and I spend most of our time exploring around Christmas Valley and Fort Rock. Down to Pasiley. We spent last labor day down at Summer Lake hot springs. One of the days we took a back road that was approx 64 miles long and we came in Christmas Valley. We avg. 12 mph and it took around 8 hours to do it. Never saw another human and nothing man made except for fence lines now and then. Saw some wild horses and pronghorns. It was a great trip. If you are interested in taking the same trip I can Email you the a write up with directions that I did for another site.

We are planing on retiring over in the Fort Rock/ C.V. area in the next couple of years. I to am tired of this side of the mountains and we love the high deserts of Oregon. rupe
    Jumping Jack Trailer
    PNWadventure.com
    <><

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast