What did I see? Mitsu, but not a Montero/Pajero...

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Driving through Delta, Utah, on Tuesday, I passed a red vehicle that looked very odd. It was a 2-door, jeep-type SUV with a spare tire on the back door. I'm pretty sure I saw the Mitsubishi "3 diamond" logo on the grille. It was a hardtop which appeared to be integrated, i.e. non-removable.

It was NOT a Montero/Pajero (I've owned a Montero and I know what they look like in both 2 door and 4 door versions.) It was way too small - looked to be about the size of a Suzuki Samurai.

Anyone know what it was? Anybody in/around Delta who knows about it?

UK4X4

Expedition Leader
Could be.......

1 In Japan you get three sizes of monteros/ pajero's....standard medium and mini...lines the same, sized like toys in the mini version..

2 Daihatsu jeeps are small suzuki / mitsu type vehicles with toyo engines

haven

Expedition Leader
You mean like this?

mitsu-jeep.jpg

Mitsubishi, like many Asian manufacturers, made a jeep clone in the 1960s through 1980s. They are popular in the Philippines. Many have diesel engines.

Here's a Japanese company that exports used JDM Mitsu Jeeps
http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/5116/Mitsubishi/JEEP/car-for-sale.html

Chip Haven

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
No, this was smaller than even the 2 door Montero/Raider. I guess it was a mini-Pajero that somebody gray-marketed into the US.

PajEvo

JDM Journeys
Pajero Junior, 95-98:
800px-CA7YLLNQ.jpg

Pajero Pinin / Pajero IO, 3 and 5 door variants, 98 to present.

59985_153ba52ca0.jpg

If it was "on the road", then it shouldn't be any newer than a 94, since 15 years is the cutoff for legal imports. Which leaves the Pajero/Montero... Diahatsu Rocky also looks very similar to the 2 doors...

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Saw this '91 two door diesel for sale this morning -

IMG_2279-1.jpg

For Sale:

1991 Mitsubishi Pajero 2 door

2.5 turbo diesel. 5 speed, 4.88 gears, lsd rear diff, cold weather package( dual batteries), 33x10.5 BFG AT'S. Aftermarket 2.25 in mandrel bent exhaust, turbo timer, cruise control, Delica tune( CVI ) roof rack, bush guard, PIAA 80 series offroad lights(Killer offroad lights, h4 fog/ pencil beam). Rockford Fosgate stereo (dual amps sub etc) etc...

New: Windshield, rear driveshaft, rear brakes, timingbelt and oil seals, tensioners, waterpump, block heater, pyrometer, boost guage, front wheel bearing and seals, rh cv shaft, rh ball joints and tie rod end.

Located in Calgary

$7500

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior