1988 Land Rover Defender 110 (obo) - $38000 (San Clemente) California

RANGEROVERSURFER

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-land-rover-defender-110/6273101615.html

1988 Land Rover Defender 110 for sale. This truck is in great shape. I bought it from a friend who imported it from Australia. Minimal rust. Body is in excellent shape and engine/transmission work perfectly.

-Low Miles (120k)
-Brand New Falken All-Terrain tires
-Brand New Frontrunner Expedition Rack
-Brand New Frontrunner Ladder/rails
-3.7 liter V8
-Right hand drive (easy to learn)
-No Smog necessary
-Title and registration in hand

Attachments

• 1988 110 CL.jpg
    1988 110 CL.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 899
  • 1988 110 front CL.jpg
    1988 110 front CL.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 882

DiscoDavis

Explorer
FYI California buyers will run into trouble registering this unless seller has a CARB sticker. Not smog exempt, cutoff here is 1974 for gasoline.

czenkov

Adventurer
Hold on...

Wow, been a while since i have actually posted over here. But this thread, it struck a cord. Sh!tt!ng on threads, nice! (sarcasm)

Yeah they are cheaper outside the US. Is there a risk bringing them in, umm yeah, I brought in a 110 from France a few years ago. Sending hard earned American $$$$$ to someone overseas is always fun! I asked the counsel of a friend (a LC friend believe it or not) back then, and he said "sometimes you have to throw trust out there". If you aren't prepared to do that, buy one stateside...if that makes you feel better, and pay the premium. I also bought my FZJ80 sight unseen out of Texas, yeah sure the transmission worked properly.

Is this one worth $asking, well, I haven't seen anyone post a technical reason it isn't. I mean a statement about 70's being a dime a dozen in AUS does not make this LR worth a dime. For the record I like LC's and have owned a couple, a 62, 80 and 100.

Whoa, I know a bunch of guys want to respond with vitriol, so hold on now, I have no skin in the game. I do not know the seller, but am a LR/LC enthusiast. I still have a NAS 90 (and maybe a S2), and use them as the designers intended. And maybe, just maybe, I might be shopping for an 80, and even maybe a 60 or 62. :) Is my DD a 4Runner, well...maybe.

OP - Sorry if I have derailed your thread but the intent was to bring the conversation back to what is should be, about the virtues of this particular 110.
Humbly,
Drew

PS. Come on guys, lets all enjoy our hobby, and respond with good information. Not a bunch of unsubstantiated opinion. Although the CARB stuff is good to know for CA buyers.

Yup, yup.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior