Big custom camper sightings

MegaRoamer

I followed one into work on 7/26/09 here in Durango Colorado. Pretty cool looking, it had the 40" Continental tires on it. I wonder what his fuel mileage is :Wow1:

This past Sunday on my way back to Iowa from the Rover Rally, I was passed by an eastbound F550(?) based "Earthroamer" in west central Nebraska (I-80).

Dang, that thing was flying!

Ah well, no photos for me :( and shortly thereafter I had a trans cooler line fail...POOF, no more drive for me.

05liberty

Saw a F550 based one on Hwy 15 east bound just outside Moncton
New Brunswick , Canada ... I was shocked to say the least .. never expected to see one here... They were towing a red Jeep TJ..

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Saw a F550 about a month ago near the Cortez, CO while I was on my way to the Arizona strip. I love the concept but until a different chassis other than a Ford (let alone with an International diesel engine) is available I won’t even begin to dream of one. Com’on Bill, let’s see the Earthroamer bodies mounted on the new 2011 Dodge 5500 chassis with a Cummins. :coffeedrink:

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
Saw a F550 about a month ago near the Cortez, CO while I was on my way to the Arizona strip. I love the concept but until a different chassis other than a Ford (let alone with an International diesel engine) is available I won’t even begin to dream of one. Com’on Bill, let’s see the Earthroamer bodies mounted on the new 2011 Dodge 5500 chassis with a Cummins. :coffeedrink:

As far as I know, the ER is already available on the Dodge chassis. Never seen one, but I think they offer it.....

tundratrader

Saw one here in Homer a week ago at Safeway. Went and dropped someone off and was coming back to find it and it was GONE. It was the newer ford style one that is in Overland this month. I am always surprised by the number of global travelers coming through alaska. It is kinda fun to figure out where the different vehicles are from. Hopefully one day people are checking out my Alaska license plates.
Zach

Kodachrome

Observer
This was a couple weeks ago. My buddy and I were headed to an area this guy could never touch, and yet, for some odd reason, he would never let us pass, lumbered along slowly at 3-5 MPH like a semi in a pool of molasses as if we were going to steal his future camping spot. I did not care much, but my buddy was pissed, we missed a few shots on our list for a commercial shoot.

Note boost and A/F-R gauges for supercharger on left...:smiley_drive:

Attachments

• behemoth.jpg
    behemoth.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 563

Thuri

Sighting

Saw my first one in person

North bound on the Alaska Highway in Fort St. John, BC, Canada

Buckshot62

Observer
Saw my first one in Gillette Wyoming today.Looked like a f550 4 door.First t
ime I left my camera at home and I saw it three or four times around town.
Camera is back in truck now and I am looking for pics!

JRhetts

Adventurer
As far as I know, the ER is already available on the Dodge chassis. Never seen one, but I think they offer it.....

ujoint - I certainly dont want to be argumentative, but ER has never [since Bill Swails' first 'concept' vehicle, the ER2K] built an ER except on the F450/550 chassis (XVLT) or the Jeep JK (XVJP) platform. They made some minor noise about offering a Dodge version a few years ago, but it never happened.

Right now, they are building nothing.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Saw an XVLT heading westbound on Interstate 80 near the Salt Flats (Utah/Nevada border) yesterday ~3pm

sagebrsh

Just saw an XVLT with Utah plates on I84 between Twin Falls and Burley. Wonder if it was the same one Kurt. Thats the 4th one I have seen on the interstate, but never where I could stop and have a look. :smiley_drive:

Jay

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
ujoint - I certainly dont want to be argumentative, but ER has never [since Bill Swails' first 'concept' vehicle, the ER2K] built an ER except on the F450/550 chassis (XVLT) or the Jeep JK (XVJP) platform. They made some minor noise about offering a Dodge version a few years ago, but it never happened.

Right now, they are building nothing.

I know, that's why I said I've never seen one. Guess they had no takers on the Dodge chassis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles