Big custom camper sightings

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
The requirement that a cab be lifted off for engine repair on the fords is crazy... Shouldn't be necessary.

Crazy or not, it is true. On Ford Superdutys the cab must be removed to perform certain procedures. How does Earthroamer for example deal with this? Anybody know?
If Earthroamer say “first remove the camper...” that would make me start running away at a high rate of speed.
I know about larger European trucks. On my Unimog I have to remove 12 allen head bolts for the accordion connection and then I tilt the cab with a hydraulic pump on the frame. Takes about 15 minutes.

Last edited:

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Crazy or not, it is true. On Ford Superdutys the cab must be removed to perform certain procedures.

I'm not aware of any repairs that actually require the cab to be removed.

Cab removal simply expedites many repairs, and in many instances helps guarantee a better repair. But cab removal is not a requirement for repair.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Unimog U1300L37

Had some guests from Germany at our place.
Unimog 1300L37 with super fast axles and Ormocar camper body.

28577314_10156239058386974_4955771548959316754_n.jpg

Ghost65

Allergic to Pavement
Spotted this beauty parked at work yesterday...have to admit, I was in a serious state of mechanically inclined euphoria :Wow1:

IMG_9018.jpg

IMG_9014.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_9015.jpg
    IMG_9015.jpg
    517.2 KB · Views: 284

martinf

Spoke with owner of this unit or identical copy at Paddle board event and said was home built, cab and chassis married to class c motorhome body 20-21 ft

Late to this thread but this is a 19G by Thor. They were really popular with RV rental agencies but not so much with regular customers. Too bad because at about 60k new, they were a good deal.

FraserWay in Canada now makes a similar product.

martinf

Saw this Earthroamer at a car show in Redmond, WA. The interior was amazing and the owner seemed to really enjoy the beast.

20180707_102652.jpg

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Volvo D13 from BC visiting Yukon, Canada

Good afternoon all,

While we were out shopping today, we came across this Volvo D13 from BC visiting Yukon, Canada filling up their Diesel Exhaust Fluid tank. The owners did not seem to want to talk, but he did say it was built in both Canada and USA.

View attachment 405513 View attachment 405515 View attachment 405517
View attachment 405518 View attachment 405519

We thought we would share the photos with all of you.
Thanks,

Hadn't seen that one before. Hot damn!

Spotted http://twoifoverland.com/ 's rig in Bend awhile back near Drake Park. Guy from the military was walking by and recognized the beast under the beast.

PS--WayNorth, you get all the good stuff up there!

Last edited:

gregmchugh

Observer
Hadn't seen that one before. Hot damn!

Spotted http://twoifoverland.com/ 's rig in Bend awhile back near Drake Park. Guy from the military was walking by and recognized the beast under the beast.

PS--WayNorth, you get all the good stuff up there!

The twoifoverland GXV has a new owner (eric.winchell on Instagram) who picked it up in Alaska and has driven it back south.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles