Big custom camper sightings

haven

Expedition Leader
First sighting of Earthroamer on TV!

Last night, I caught the last few minutes of the Discovery HD channel's TV show, "Chasing Classic Cars." The episode is called "Monterey Madness." Just before the credits, the car dealer who is the focus of the show is shown driving on Highway 1 near Monterey. The camera catches a white crew cab Earthroamer XV-LT parked at a turnout where there is a great view of the Pacific Ocean.

On my way to Jackson, Wyoming, I saw a similar XV-LT east of Idaho Falls, parked along the south fork of the Snake River. The owners were fly fishing. I wonder if it was the same vehicle I saw on TV. There can't be that many white crew cab XV-LTs on the road.

Chip Haven

ujoint

Supporting Sponsor
I saw one on the 23 in Ventura county last week. It was pulling a trailer with some "toys". White.

Moody

Needs to get out more
I saw a silver one coming into Moab last Sat. afternoon. I waved, but I was in a lowly landcruiser...

EMrider

Explorer
Saw one in Mammoth Lakes CA two weekends ago. Third one I've seen in that area over the past two years. Nice looking rigs. I'd like to check out the interior sometime as I hear the quality is excellent.
R

Last edited:

4cruzer

Adventurer
yeah, one in my neighborhood too. Somebody's ultra posh surf wagon.... Classic silver paint scheme...

JRhetts

Adventurer
haven said:
On my way to Jackson, Wyoming, I saw a similar XV-LT east of Idaho Falls, parked along the south fork of the Snake River. The owners were fly fishing. I wonder if it was the same vehicle I saw on TV. There can't be that many white crew cab XV-LTs on the road.

Chip Haven

FYI, there are now more than 95 ERs on the road, 95% silver, beige, or white (the other ford colors absorb too much heat).

Creek

Adventurer
I saw an LT on I-70 in Utah this past Thursday on my way home from Kaibab NF. Headed westbound and I was headed east.

GreenToys

Observer
This was yesterday in the town of Lake George NY. I saw an LT (-that big recessed tire in the back) like a block away infront of me while we were sitting in traffic. Never caught up to it though to check it out because we have the sloooooow family van.......and my old lady stopped me of course **sigh**

mjmcdowell

Explorer
Earthroamer sighting

Hello all, saw my second Earthromer today, got a real good look, "sigh" Vermont plates, turned here in Queensbury (upstate NY) on to rt 87 south... and was gone, wonder where she was headed, middle aged man and women in it. stay safe, mjmcdowell

GreenToys

Observer
Hello all, saw my second Earthromer today, got a real good look, "sigh" Vermont plates, turned here in Queensbury (upstate NY) on to rt 87 south... and was gone, wonder where she was headed, middle aged man and women in it. stay safe, mjmcdowell

chances are good that was Frank and Carol in #51

and chances are also good that this is the same ER I saw when we were in Lake George

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles