1997 Toyota Landcruiser

tibfibber

Observer
Quick toss out, a friend is selling his 87 Landcruiser, not sure what asking is yet, but I'll update.
SF Bay Area, 95020 Gilroy.

1704836544502.png
1704836562525.png
1704836597853.png

• Haha
Reactions: zip

tibfibber

Observer

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/d/gilroy-1997-toyota-landcruiser/7703815747.html

Here's the info: the craigslist posting has a lot more photos, text cut and pasted below if the listing isn't avail. I haven't seen the FJ in a few years, but aside from a dent or two, it looks like the last time I saw it. Bill's a good guy (although I think he's a bit fed-up with craigslist scammers:)

--------------------------

Price Reduced!

For Sale 1997 FZJ 80 Toyota Landcruiser
200k Miles. Fully locked.

Dk Blue color with clear coat oxidation
Some body damage due to 4 wheeling activity.

This is hard to write because this vehicle was an extension of me. I acquired it in 2010. I bought it from it’s second owner.
The fact that I have to part with it due to my circumstances feels almost criminal.

My goal is to acquire a late model compact motor home (sprinter ford chevy van etc.) So I can see more of the country before I get to old to enjoy it.

I’m willing to sell it to someone who appreciates the capability of a fully locked off road vehicle that is second to none in capability and reliability.

Features as follows:

FZJ 6 cylinder engine. Stock. Needs nothing really right now. Maybe replace some of the older hoses and new timing chain. I had the valve cover gasket replaced which pretty much fixed oil seepage.
Dual batteries with solid state Hellfire battery isolater. In cab low voltage switch control isolates one battery for sure starts.

Full ARB air lockers front and rear. Has factory lock for transfer case.
2 Pentair air compressors. 1 exclusive to the locker system
2nd air compressor for air tools and airing up tires. Has 2.5” tank where rear tire storage is. Can be re-routed under hood for locker backup air. (yes I’ve used it that way)
4:88 gears installed by previous owner
35” Toyo M /T tires on the original rims 16”

Hanna sliders-bumper on sides and rear.

Rear bumper Hanna as well. Holds 3 full size Jeep Cans.
I have one Military style beige water can and two of the 2 gal modular cans which the name escapes me as well.
I did that to easier manage water on long trips.
Full size Hi-lift with sand base.
Full spare that matches all the other tires.
Front bumper is standard ARB. Contains partially hidden WARN R12000 Winch. Powered by second battery under hood.
Standard wired remote is included

Roof camper by Magnolia Autohome. I think it’s the medium size. Includes ladder and foam mattress that came with it.
Comes with attached solar panels 100w. that It will trickle charges batteries under hood.

CB antenna mounted on back of tire rack. Not a good place but I don’t use CB anyway.
Ham Radio Kenwood. Model FM Dual Bander TM-D70. Great radio.

Car Stereo Pioneer dual din with video screen. Back up camera included. 100w? power amp under passenger seat.
Has satellite radio. Great when your in the desert and want to listen to those late season playoff baseball games.

This vehicle has been on the Rubicon Trail 4 times. It has the battle scars to show for it.
Unfortunately I flipped it on its side the last time I had it out there. It bent the rain gutters on the roof in a couple of spots due to the impact and the carrying of the Autohome. Vehicle has repairable body damage as shown from 4 wheeling.

The vehicle is otherwise accident free, All body damage is due to wheeling. The chassis is in good shape. I had the front diff repaired a few years ago and added a beefy front tie rod because I bent the original one.
Fairly new ARB shocks all around. The front end does need caster correction installed but I never got to it. Since the new tie rod is thicker it does get pinched sometimes while turning as the vehicle leans. Easy fix really,

The paint is an issue with the usual peeling clear coat. No visible rust on the body. California car all it’s life.
I have the second owners service file which I will include with the sale.
I also have two service manuals. One is the full shop manual from Toyota and the other is an Austrailian published service manual.

There are extra parts I will absolutely throw in. Fender flares, old bent tie rod, and some other crates of misc stuff.
I will sell to the highest bidder.
It’s your chance to own the legendary 80 and make it your own.

NOTE: THIS CAR HAS A CLEAN CAR FAX REPORT HISTORY. AN ATTEMPT TO SCAM ME HAS OCCURED AND I WILL NOT FORWARD ANY CAR FAX REPORTS ON EMAIL OR TEXT. I CAN PROVIDE THE REPORT IF YOU WISH TO VIEW THE VEHICLE IN PERSON.

TERMS: Cash Sale. Absolutely no warranty. It’s a wheeler! You get it!
No shipping or other scammy behavior. You come see it, kick the tires and pay in cash. Simple.

WILL BE SOLD TO BEST OFFER FOR CASH ONLY. VEHICLE WILL BE SHOWN BY APOINTMENT IN PERSON ONLY
I WILL NOT SHIP THIS VEHICLE. YOU MUST SIGN A BILL OF SALE AND PROVIDE CASH OR LOCAL VERIFIED BANK CASHIER’S CHECK ONLY.
ALL ATTEMPTS OF SCAMMING WILL BE REPORTED.
THANK YOU
PLEASE TEXT OR PHONE IF YOU WANT TO VIEW VEHICLE.

SHOWINGS WILL OCCUR IN FRONT OF CHP STATION IN GILROY CA.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior