1998 Ford E-350 4x4 High Top 50k mi / Hooks, TX

https://www.govplanet.com/for-sale/...rr=0.07143&hitprm=p_us=0|1000|5000&pnLink=yes

85686510-bfcb-4d81-aa33-16cf42c2220c.jpg

49c1b25f-944d-48ae-b4a9-fb2d186ac500.jpg

Reactions: zip

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Interesting find. I wonder what this was used for?
Slop in the steering can be expected, but bent driveshaft?
Could be a deal for someone.

86scotty

Cynic
Interesting find. I wonder what this was used for?

Apparently it was used for cutting holes in. Big problem with Guvment vans of that era. They were usually used for some sort of stealthy surveillance but you could've fooled me, vans like this stick out like a sore thumb anywhere you plant them.

zip

Apparently it was used for cutting holes in. Big problem with Guvment vans of that era. They were usually used for some sort of stealthy surveillance but you could've fooled me, vans like this stick out like a sore thumb anywhere you plant them.
Yep, a little rough around the edges, but a treasure for someone.

86scotty

Cynic
Yep, a little rough around the edges, but a treasure for someone.
If it doesn't get up past a few grand I agree.
The good: V10, full float rear, Quigley (could be worse), power cab (CC, PW, PDL)
The bad: 1998 V10 spark plug spittin' machine, generator gone, lots of body butchery inside and out.

zip

If it doesn't get up past a few grand I agree.
The good: V10, full float rear, Quigley (could be worse), power cab (CC, PW, PDL)
The bad: 1998 V10 spark plug spittin' machine, generator gone, lots of body butchery inside and out.
Just Googled V10 spark plug issue. Wasn't resolved until 2009? HOLY COW! My company paid for work truck is a 2011 with the V10, and it has been a great engine.

86scotty

Cynic
That doesn't sound accurate. I was thinking the spark plug issue was fixed by the early 2000's. I've had 4 V10's though and no spark plug issues with any of them. 98,99,2005,2011. It's the very early years like this one I would worry about and I wouldn't really worry at all, I would simply do a spark plug swap right away with the improved plugs which are all you can get anymore anyway.

Keep in mind the F series trucks, if that's what your work truck is, have a 3 valve V10 (in the later years) and all the vans got a 2v. Less power and less problems in the van variant.

Reactions: zip

nyyankees588

I kept an eye on these for the hell of it... the one linked here sold for $12.5k, the second unit (identical, had fewer ventilation holes cut into the rear doors/body but had noted leaks from transmission, transfer case, and engine) sold for $20.1k.

First one was a decent deal, second one seems like more market rate. They both appeared to have been maintained - fresh looking oil filters at least. Oddly both had pretty significant dents on their rear drivelines. Seemed like odd damage for both vans to have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online