1998 Mitsubishi Montero Needs Some Love

jmoji

I have a bone stock 1998 Montero that doesn't pass smog and likely needs an engine rebuild & service. Can someone recommend a reputable shop in southern California that has done work on the 6G74 platform? Once I can get it reliably running I am hoping to start turning this thing into an adventure machine.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Depending on where you are, I can offer two choices. There is a shop in Ventura or Van Nuys (?) area that gets a LOT of Montero business. I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the shop, but on Facebook, look up "WM F Coleman" who works there, and is the administrator for the SoCal Mitsubishi Montero group.

Second Option, if you are in Orange County, and have patience and want to learn, I'd be willing to help you. I rebuilt one 3.5L successfully, and its still on the road! I am a amateur who has watched a lot of YouTube videos and collected a fair number of Harbor Freight tools, including an Engine Hoist :)

ChrisCosta416

Where are you located? C&A in Van Nuys can take care of you - call and ask for Raymond and tell him Jamie sent ya - 818-434-3055

nwoods

Expedition Leader
C&A was the one I was thinking of. Good to know that that Ozzy's is totally different and another available option!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online