1lb hammock!

kingpin748

I already own something like that. It's made out of parachute materiel(nylon). I thought Kickstarter was for new and original products?

Here is the link:

Hammock Bliss

I have a triple which is rated for 350lbs but we've had closer to 500lbs at times.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
Looks interesting but doesn't seem like it has any benefit over the models currently available. Especially at that price. I bought the ultra light from Grand trunk for $20. It works for a rest hammock but i cant sleep in it. At the price hes asking Id go with hennessy or grand trunk.

SteveG

Adventurer
I was just looking at the same thing yesterday. I really like the look of it but I worry about the sales pitch. Statements like "revolutionary" straps that look a lot like typical tie-down material and the fact that it looks pretty much like other products on the market yet they say it's superior. Maybe it is better and I'm just missing something, but I'm going to do more research before committing. I've been looking at the ENO hammocks as well. I don't need an ultra-light hammock but I do like the fact that it packs small... I've already got enough junk taking up space!

Wilbur

Adventurer
I honestly had no idea about other hammocks like this. Oops lol, but doesn't look as nice as others at all. I don't know if I could sleep in one but for just nap or relaxing not bad at all. Best place I'd use this was beach some how.

CaliMobber

Adventurer
I just started backpacking and at the end of the day a simple light weight hammock would have been amazing. I was stuck sitting on the ground using my pack as a back rest. this next trip the ultra light hammock is coming along and ill report back how much its worth the space in the pack.

cruisertoy

Explorer
This hammock seems like the other dozen hammocks out there. I couldn't see anything about rain or bug protection. I love my Hennesy hammock. I've tied it to my roof rack on my cruiser and to a lonely cedar in the middle of nowhere and been perfectly protected from the nights thunderstorms and wind. Its amazing to me that these guys generated so much money from a "me too" product.

leman

Adventurer
i use a double travel hammock. i work at a camp during the summer and at 6'1" the bunk beds are too small for me so i sleep the whole summer in it. if you know how to properly set up a hammock and lay in it, its very comfortable. the trick is to have the right amount of sag then lay in it diagonally <having a double helps with this. you end up laying flat, sometimes i use a pillow and others i dont. its very comfortable in the summer because you never get a "hot spot" like in a bed, but during the winter it can get quite cold with no insulation. ive been known to put my thermarest in my hammock and sleep in it when its below 30* out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Breezy78