2 Mogs

I ran in to Bob Kenny from South Australia with his very nice 1300L with a modified ambulance body for camping. He carries up to 1000L of home-made biodiesel!
We were at Windjana Gorge in NE Western Australia.
I can't upload the picture because it's too many MB.

Charlie

Iain_U1250

Explorer
I met Bob down near my place - he has jerry cans all over his Mog - every spare inch of space is used. He made the back part himself - just painted it green and put the Red crosses on it to keep with the Military theme.

His home made biodiesel costs him around about $0.30 vs $1.50+ at the pump - so it it worth his while to carry as much as possible.

762X39

Explorer
Well, after the 40 or so gallons in the factory tank (I cannot remember how large the tank is), you are only talking about 38 Gerry cans.:coffee:

I suggested he put fuel tanks in some of the places he has jerrycans stashed, like behind the rear axle. He was already planning that.
I had 12 new jerrycans on my roof but the shipping line wouldn't accept that even though they were new, never used; so I had to store them with a friend. With my 2 rear 230L tanks and 150L running tank that would have given me ~850L capacity - way more than I need.

Charlie

rblackwell

Adventurer
I suggested he put fuel tanks in some of the places he has jerrycans stashed, like behind the rear axle. He was already planning that.
I had 12 new jerrycans on my roof but the shipping line wouldn't accept that even though they were new, never used; so I had to store them with a friend. With my 2 rear 230L tanks and 150L running tank that would have given me ~850L capacity - way more than I need.

Charlie
Charlie
I am in the process of buying a U500 and starting to think about camper, tanks and other stuff. Is it possible for you to post some photos or info on your rear tanks. Chassis space for side tanks looks a limited. What kind of consumption are you getting on Australian outback tracks.
Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCCB1998