2000 f150 slow build

shadow_explorer

ive been lurking around here for a few years, love all the info and ideas. Ive been rockcrawling for the last 6 yrs, but now im getting into mountain biking.
I know the f150 isnt the best for expo rig, but Ive owned this truck for about 4yrs now.

I started with a stock 2000 f150 scab 4x4 5.4l w/ 120k miles. After driving it for a year at work (internet contractor in mid missouri) i got a 2001 e250 van for work.
So I started with finding a set of 2003 fx4 17in wheels on CL for 200 :) got some 33x12.50 r 17 and cranked the **** out of the torsion bars ( hated it )
last year picked up some 265/70r17 fierce attitudes, all new ball joints, tie rods, steering components,HD bilsteins, century camper, cobra cb.
Now I working out of it again do to me wrecking the van, so it triple duties as my work, daily driver, and towing.lol

Enough boring info here is a few pics

here are a few pics of a recent trip my wife and I took for some camping and canoeing

ive built a few jeeps, so any help on the ford would be nice. Here is a few pics of the old rigs

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
Nice pics- thanks for sharing!! And, welcome aboard!!

If it helps your build, I have two TJM alum winch bumpers I bought some time back, still NIB, and would love to sell one or both- pm if interested.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Kinda lost about the Jeeps....

Nice truck Shadow, since the F-150 won a Baja back when I don't see why it's not great for whatever, traveling light, it's great for the mid-west and south or northern plains without much being added, IMO.

What are you plans for it?

I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate the best I can a system using a small trailer and the F-150, so I'll be all over your project....keep it going! :)

shadow_explorer

sorry jeeps where just throwing in some pics of what i usually work on.lol

Plans are to be simple and on the lower end on price. Winch is a must and a nice full length roof rack that ive been planning for like a year now:)

Forgot to mention that the truck has a ton of miles on it now from work, so I'm going to the local junkyard to pick up my 2002 fx4 front diff and rear axle w/ 112k on them this friday.yay
I've running 3.55s for awhile now, so 3.73 and limited slip for cheap is going to be nice. updates soon (hopefully)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior