97 Tiger build thread

MILOWILLI

1speed said:
I'm not a huge fan of red, plus the graphics were a little over the top for me.
Woaaa!!! We really need to get you back to work Jim..Now you got too much time on your hands..Haaa..coming up for a test ride.
:gunt:

Last edited:

805gregg

Adventurer
Tigers are great bikes. Except the new ones, and have one of the best engines out there. I wouldn't mind having one except for the lack of dealers.

1speed

Explorer
Slowly but Surely.

A few new additions.

MRA Touring windshield (waited 2 1/2 months for this).

P1190507.jpg

Luggage Rack designed for a late model KLR650 (now I need a Pelican case) and a Delorme PN-40 with Ram Mount.

P1190509.jpg

P1190508.jpg

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
While the red was a sharp color on that bike....I like the understated look now. I'd suggest that when you decide on the final color, use a flat clear coat. On my 650 GS (I'm not at home, so no pics---but it is in the Overland Journal gear issue...see the pannier comparison), I used a mixture of 75% flat and 25% gloss for the clear coat. It makes for a nice finish that is easy to keep up, and doesn't show the little scratches so bad.

You have a good looking bike....keep it up! :bike_rider:

MontanaBBQ

Observer
Your bike looks great! I love the rugged, expo look you've added to the classic Steamer.

Questions about the handlebar and handguard setup - with the "up and back" Rox risers were there any problems with the length/routing of the stock cables and hoses? Do the handguards clear the front fairing at "full lock" without touching? I'd like to upgrade the handguards on my '98, but they would hit the fairing with my current setup (Renthal bars and SW-Motech 1" risers).

Ride safe,
Doug B.

1speed

Explorer
Thanks.
Yes the cables were just long enough. The handguards just barely touch the fairing at full lock but do not restrict movement.With the risers the CR high bars are as tall a bar as I can run without those issues. :bike_rider:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Nice to meet you although briefly at the expo!!!!! We were headed off to another Overland Theater.

Did I ever mention that I loooove your el tigre!?

I can't stand some of the colors that trump makes them in so when I saw yours it made me consider one and I still do.
Tim :sombrero:

1speed

Explorer
Nice to meet you although briefly at the expo!!!!! We were headed off to another Overland Theater.

Did I ever mention that I loooove your el tigre!?

I can't stand some of the colors that trump makes them in so when I saw yours it made me consider one and I still do.
Tim :sombrero:

Thanks, nice to meet you too. It was a very hectic weekend but loads of fun. I hope to spend some time out there exploring in the future. Unless the Earth stops rotating we plan on being at the next Expo, hopefully with one of our own vehicles. Maybe we can get a trail run in. :bike_rider:

1speed

Explorer
I put these on a while back but never got around to posting. They were made by Mustang, a member on tigertriple.com. I thought I would get it posted now as the bike is for sale. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?p=423341#post423341

Packaged nicely with excellent illustrated instructions.

P3120013.jpg

Comparison to stock pegs with rubber.

P3120033.jpg

Comparison to stock pegs without rubber.

P3120034.jpg

Comparison of pegs on the bike, neither the camera or the bike were moved so this gives you a good idea of the drop.

Stock pegs without rubber.

P3120014.jpg

Mustang's pegs.

P3120035.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior