2001 4x4 Ford Diesel Sportmobile, Anchorage FB Marketplace

fatport

This one has been for sale for a while. It doesn't look like any Sportmobile I've ever seen, more like a Falcon I used to own.

Attachments

• van.jpg
    van.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

zip

I prefer social distancing.
Kinda looks like they put an Airstream B190 top on it.
Sez it is SMB 4X4, but probably a Quigley.

Last edited:

86scotty

Cynic
It’s got the SMB logo though. 🤔

It's a Sportsmobile conversion, interior at least. All 3 SMB locations used to be managed separately and they would take on work using customer's used vans sometimes, depending on location and time. It's possible he brought the van to them with that top already, also possible it was spec'd by the customer and installed by them and came from Fiberine. That interior is absolutely old SMB. I have no idea about the 4wd system. Most SMB 4x conversions are on later model E-series than this one, starting maybe early 2000's? I can't remember.

zip

I prefer social distancing.
It's a Sportsmobile conversion, interior at least. All 3 SMB locations used to be managed separately and they would take on work using customer's used vans sometimes, depending on location and time. It's possible he brought the van to them with that top already, also possible it was spec'd by the customer and installed by them and came from Fiberine. That interior is absolutely old SMB. I have no idea about the 4wd system. Most SMB 4x conversions are on later model E-series than this one, starting maybe early 2000's? I can't remember.
I bought my SMB from West in mid 2003. They were only offering Quigley at that time. I saw them putting an Atlas in another van, and when I inquired about it, was told it was a top secret project they were working on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman