2001 Ford Excursion xlt 4wd 6.8 v10 no rust Corpus Christi, Texas 7k obo updated price

coastalcop

I bought this excursion about a year ago as yet another camping project. Got it to where I wanted it and have used it exactly twice since then for camping (The XO decided she likes glamping more lol)

VIN: 1FMNU41S31EB54008
2001 Ford Excursion xlt 4wd
Mileage 194xxx

The good: No Rust, it spent about a year when new up north then the remainder of its time in El Paso Texas, its been with me now in Corpus for around a year this is according to the carfax I ran before I bought it.
No check engine lights, starts, runs, stops, and cruises at 80 mph + smoothly. Engine is the 2 valve v10, runs great and purrs like a kitten. I know folks want one with the 7.3 diesel, but right now with the cost delta, you can drive damn near forever with the gas engine.

4wd engages and disengages smoothly.

Tires are new (sub 1000 miles) Cooper Discover AT purchased from discount tire with warranty.

All electronics work save two things, one: the power mirrors were replaced with manual expandable trailer mirrors, two one of the motors that allow the rearmost windows to move to a vent position works intermittently.

Both AC units (front and rear) blow cold with no issues.

Head unit replaced and backup camera installed

The bad: its a gas v10, youre going to get about 14mpg on the highway with no headwind, 12mpg with a headwind or over 80 mph.
The paint is faded and the window tint has been cooked in the texas sun for 20 years, tint could be replaced, paint still covers the metal.
Seats are cloth and drivers side has a 4 inch tear, I planned on just using seat covers, but didnt get around to it.

The Quirky aka mods: Solar panels on hood running through controller to charge running battery (under hood) and deep cycle battery located in the cab.
Center console/ armrest replaced with 12v cooler height and dimensions were almost identical, Solar/battery arrangement allows for this to run in eco mode continuously if your getting sun during the day
Only has three seats, the driver, front passenger and rear passenger. You could source the rest of the seats at a pick and pull, but I dont have them.
Sleeping and storage platform built behind drivers seat. Bed is a single, but depending on how you configure it, you can make a full fit without issue. platform made out of Starboard This section IS removable and is secured with Rivnuts.
Storage section made from 80/20 and ABS, this is comprised of two sections and can be removed in less than three minutes if you wanted to haul plywood etc.

Barn doors were relieved and abs covers placed over them to create more storage.

Feel free to ask me any questions, Im hoping someone that will use it more than I do can enjoy it. You can PM or email to coastalcop@hotmail.com

Attachments

• bullfrog3.jpg
    bullfrog3.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 147
  • driver.jpg
    driver.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 144
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 145
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 143
  • barn cut.jpg
    barn cut.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 139
  • barn cut 2.jpg
    barn cut 2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 151
  • camping.jpg
    camping.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 149
  • door in.jpg
    door in.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 153
  • hauling.jpg
    hauling.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 150
  • solar.jpg
    solar.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

coastalcop

cont.

and link to posts that cover some of the stuff that was done, though the spare battery was moved to the floorboard ahead of the center console cooler up front and the passenger seat reinstalled

Attachments

• center console.jpg
    center console.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 63
  • cubby installed.jpg
    cubby installed.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 65
  • mileage.jpg
    mileage.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

RDaly

Interesting rig and interested. 100% correct on the price delta of a 7.3. Will revert shortly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12