2001 Monty Question...

ollip

well first of all what a great side you guys have here, this what i call one great comunity. well im not Monty owner anymore i used to have one 6 years ago. a '92 burgundy 5 speed but as i recall it was quite a troubled vehicle with a new problem every month. i got a 04 Jeep Unlimited now, but thinking of going back to a newer Monthy .
Question:
i heart that the 2001+ models still carry a sort of sub-frame(otherwise unibody) has anybody ever looked into the possibility of a bodylift for this frame???
further has anybody removed the rocker panel or front and rear splash guards to gain more clearance for larger tires and aproach and departure angle??
thank you upfront for your input im glued to the Mitsu Threads...:Wow1:

Attachments

• HPIM0675.JPG
    HPIM0675.JPG
    756.3 KB · Views: 44

Reata Rover

Adventurer
Search for tdesanto build thread and you will find one completely tricked out with some great information for you.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
All of the plastic cladding can be removed. I am going to do what Tony (tdesanto) did to his to fit sliders, and tha is to cut off the lower section of cladding where it hangs down. The approach angle on these things is great, the departure sucks. Eventually I'll get a custom rear bumper made to help fix this problem. The suspension front and rear use sub-frame and what I've heard it is possible to do a body lift. ARB also makes a small lift for thse too. I fit 32" tires on mine with no issues, giving me about another inch of clearance, and soon I'll be adding the ARB/OME lift, giving me another 1.5".

ollip

thank you guys..i'll search the build thread..see what i can come up with. i love researching possible modifications before comitting to buy my new project. but if you do hear anything regarding the "bodylift" keep me posted.
also has anybody looked into use a spacer on top of the coil spring , maybe as an edition to the OME lift. but it would problably effect the downtravel negativly?!
well i hooked on the Mitsu forum..keep it up !!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online