2001 UZJ 100 Land Cruiser; Flagstaff, Arizona SOLD

Hltoppr

El Gringo Spectacular!
2001 UZJ100 Land Cruiser
$13,500.00

Located in Flagstaff, Arizona

Emotional sale, as this Land Cruiser has performed flawlessly since I purchased it from the original owners in Scottsdale, Arizona in 2010 with 96,000 miles on the odometer. It had been a dealer serviced daily driver with the older couple; with its first timing belt service having been completed.

Since 2010, I’ve added some basics; focusing on reliability and simplicity. Having owned Land Cruisers since I was 16, from 40s to 45s; 60, 70 and 80 Series, I’m convinced the 100 series is the best all-around Land Cruiser that can be easily found in the U.S. market.

This Cruiser is a member of the family, and part of memories from the Southwest and Mexico for my daughter and me; and I’m hoping it will go on to an excited new owner for its next 100K+ miles of service. It’s a solid overlander as-is, and a firm platform for someone interested in further modifications.

The Basics:

White with tan leather interior
Towing Package
Dual Air Conditioning
Updated OEM Nav Disk (I’m not impressed with this, as it more often freezes than works, so I kept the older disk.)
DVD Changer
XM Radio

2.5" Ironman Heavy Springs
Old Man Emu Firm Shocks (New March 2015)
245/75R16 Goodyear DuraTrac (60% tread) with matching spare
½ Height Speski Cargo Barrier
2 Sets 3rd Row Seats

PFran LED interior lights (with spares)
Pfran CREE LED backup lighting
Die Hard Platinum Group 34 Battery

At 147K (Preventative Maintenance with All Factory Toyota Parts)

Timing Belt
Water Pump
Fan Clutch
Cam/Crank Seals
Timing Belt Tensioner
Drive Belt
Idler pulleys and tensioners
Hoses
Heater hoses & “T” junctions
Power Steering Rack (started leaking)
Front Half Shafts
Coils
Spark Plugs

Included with sale:
Ignition cylinder w/updated central section
Starter Contacts

The best way I can describe the overall condition is that, as a single guy, more than one date has thought the truck was new...and not 15 years old. You won’t be embarrassed pulling up to the valet in this “old” Cruiser.

Interior is in great shape. There are a few coffee stains on the carpet here and there, and the passenger side rear carpet by the door has a stain from the previous owner; however, it’s covered by the rear carpet mat.

Paint is in also in great shape. There’s a door ding on the driver’s side rear door, a 3" paint scratch on the driver’s front fender, and a small ding on the tailgate. Bumpers and trim are plasti-dipped, as they were originally gold...and I’m not a Saudi prince, so black they became. I actually like it, as repairs from scratches are simple; just respray after trimming any loose dip.

The running boards were kept, as my daughter uses them to access the truck, and they’ve got some dents on the underside.

Runs and drives great. There is a slight drivetrain vibration at 75 mph, give or take, and I’ve never been able to track it down; everything seems tight. A front diff drop might help. After changing the shocks from Iron Man to the firm Old Man Emu, when the suspension settles on a significant dip on the highway, the cruise control will occasionally cut out. It occurs rarely, so I haven’t gotten to tracking it down, as it doesn’t really bug me.

I’ve used Mobil 1 motor oil, and Amsoil in the differentials, transfer case and transmission (ATF). Fluid changes in the differentials, transfer case, and transmission are up to date until 187K. Oil change is due at 170K; however, I’ll throw in a new OEM filter, and if the new owner wants to start an adventure upon pick up I’ll throw in an oil change so he or she is ready to roll.

No trades, as I’ve got a new rig on the slow boat from Japan. (Not a Cruiser...so I’m a little tentative!)

PM me with questions, or if you need my phone number. I’m happy to arrange any pre-purchase inspection at a garage in Flagstaff, Arizona of your choice, (PPI on your dime, of course), and if anyone wants to take a look at the rig, we can put it up on the lift in my shop for a full once-over.

-H-

i-z86LBs4-XL.jpg

i-ctHsHTp-L.jpg

i-fKmCGrR-L.jpg

i-pp4gfhS-XL.jpg

i-HtMXnxd-XL.jpg

i-drQbJT9-XL.jpg

i-4WKTbx8-XL.jpg

i-2LKzXZd-XL.jpg

i-gmzJzkz-XL.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics