MsRandiCook

What's going on here?

Attachments

• Polish_20231030_223233491.jpg
    Polish_20231030_223233491.jpg
    882.9 KB · Views: 199

Mike_Alpha

Happy New Year!

I have been getting questions about the vehicles dimensions and realized I never posted them:

Length: 22.5ft
Height: 10.5ft
Width: 8.5ft (taking into account side ladder)

Also, the vehicle is registered and insured as an RV in Oregon.

nice rig...
I remember shopping a few years ago for a low mileage 7.3.
I am shocked now how it seems you can't give them away.
Seriously. That bubble burst. I was interested in this one but after having a pros/cons debate with my wife we went back to the v10. I’ve owned several of each and they are both strong reliable motors but the cost of maintenance for the diesels is just so high these days.

MsRandiCook

I was wondering if the 7.3's were as bad as the 6.0's. I know Ford was scrambling to fix both due to the (EPA regs) with exhaust emissions requirements. I was looking for a EGR delete and a head stud kit install on this one and didn't see it. @gsxr907 is right, the word is out on Ford diesels and it's buyer beware. No body wants to be stuck out in the middle of an adventure broke down or in a limp mode.

Some emergency vehicles have seen municiple abuse, it's a coin toss. Cold starts and out the department door w/no warm up. I get it, you have to go......

This is a great build and I am looking for something like this. I don't want to spend $100k+ and then another $12-$15k with an engine build.

Just my thoughts....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears