2004 4Runner mileage question

BurbanAZ

Explorer
I have a 2004 v8 4runner that has been a dream vehicle for about 10 years now, we've taken it all over the country and up into Canada. Don't plan on ever selling it, but when I bought it the gauge cluster had been replaced by the previous owner because it was broken, so the mileage doesn't match, I knew that before I bought it but it was a perfect bone stock truck so I didn't mind. I know about what the mileage is and the Odometer shows about 100k under what it actually is.

It really doesnt matter, but Its always driven me crazy lol. Is there anywhere else the actual mileage is stored, or a way to recover it? is there any way to get the mileage adjusted to correct it?

206DE3AB-BA90-4D73-923C-8AB262EDBA2B.jpg

NoDak

There are companies you can send your cluster to for adjustment. They also include disclosures that must accompany the vehicle.

Yours looks just like my old 05 V8 Runner. Loved it until I added the bumper, winch, suspension and accessories and ruined the driveability. Looked awesome though. I yeeted that thing after replacing cracked exhaust manifolds for the 4th time.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Dumb question but have you run the carfax? If it was serviced at a dealer I believe they log the mileage and what service was done. Might be able to figure it out from there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan