2005 Tundra Regular Cab "Buck"

olshaggy

My current ideas are to order an aluminum commercial shell for it

I'm 6'3" and have been planning basically the same build for the past year! Still shopping for an RCLB 4x4 Tundra. Been leaning toward 1st gens for all usual the reasons folks do, but also staying open to 2nd gens because of the better aftermarket support, additional space behind the front seats, deeper bed (and by extension, additional inches of interior camper headroom), timing chain, 38 gal fuel tank option, and most of all the larger number of options in decent shape on the market at any given time. Either way, planning to put an ARE DCU cap or similar on it with a lot of the same mods you've described.

Curious how yours has worked out for you. What do you like? What would you like to change?

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
I'm 6'3" and have been planning basically the same build for the past year! Still shopping for an RCLB 4x4 Tundra. Been leaning toward 1st gens for all usual the reasons folks do, but also staying open to 2nd gens because of the better aftermarket support, additional space behind the front seats, deeper bed (and by extension, additional inches of interior camper headroom), timing chain, 38 gal fuel tank option, and most of all the larger number of options in decent shape on the market at any given time. Either way, planning to put an ARE DCU cap or similar on it with a lot of the same mods you've described.

Curious how yours has worked out for you. What do you like? What would you like to change?
The cab's going to be very tight. I'm 6'4" and it's way too small for me. My friend scored one. Excellent configuration but isn't for the lanky guys. Not a lot of tall guys where it was designed.

olshaggy

The cab's going to be very tight.

You mean in 1st gens specifically or also 2nd gens? I test drove a 1st gen last month and it felt alright, but I know it feels different when you're driving it all day. The 8' bed is a must for me, and I really don't want the super long wheelbase (and total length) of a double cab long bed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior