2006 Chevy Express 3500 Cruise Control

amorris1

I have a 2006 Express 3500 with the 6.0L Gas V8. It did not come with cruise control. I know I can buy an aftermarket kit for like $400. However, I found an OEM cruise control module (#15752335) for $60 on eBay and can get the cruise control switch / turn signal stalk for like $70 on eBay as well. Is this all I would need to install it? I asked the website that sells the aftermarket stuff and they weren't sure what the process would entail to add an original system. Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• cruisecontrolcropped.jpg
    cruisecontrolcropped.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 0
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0

1stDeuce

Explorer
I know I've seen a thread about this before... Most likely, your van is already wired for CC. There should be a connector near the brake booster... I think it was tucked back into the engine compartment on that side, anyway. If that connector is there, then it's plug and play. I did the same with a 2002 GMC, but that connector was very visible just outboard of the brake booster where the OEM cruise control module mounted.
Perhaps the easiest way to know if it'll be plug and play is to visit a salvage yard and see where the CC module mounts. That will give you the location of that connector and you can check your van for the same.
Good Luck!!

amorris1

I know I've seen a thread about this before... Most likely, your van is already wired for CC. There should be a connector near the brake booster... I think it was tucked back into the engine compartment on that side, anyway. If that connector is there, then it's plug and play. I did the same with a 2002 GMC, but that connector was very visible just outboard of the brake booster where the OEM cruise control module mounted.
Perhaps the easiest way to know if it'll be plug and play is to visit a salvage yard and see where the CC module mounts. That will give you the location of that connector and you can check your van for the same.
Good Luck!!
Thanks so much. I will check later tonight to see if the connector is there. If it is, would I still just need to buy the module and stalk? Thanks again!

1stDeuce

Explorer
Thanks so much. I will check later tonight to see if the connector is there. If it is, would I still just need to buy the module and stalk? Thanks again!
After thinking about this it occurred to me that GM trucks went drive-by-wire in 2003 IIRC. A bit of googling suggests the vans may have held off until 2007. Yours should have a throttle cable... If so, you would still need the module to control the throttle and the multi-function switch to have cruise. If your van is drive by wire, then you only need the multi function switch and some hope that GM didn't disable cruise if it wasn't a factory option, which is entirely possible...

amorris1

After thinking about this it occurred to me that GM trucks went drive-by-wire in 2003 IIRC. A bit of googling suggests the vans may have held off until 2007. Yours should have a throttle cable... If so, you would still need the module to control the throttle and the multi-function switch to have cruise. If your van is drive by wire, then you only need the multi function switch and some hope that GM didn't disable cruise if it wasn't a factory option, which is entirely possible...
Thanks. yeah I believe it wasn't until 2007 that the made it drive by wire which I know makes it way easier and cheaper to add cruise. oh well :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan