2007 Grand Cherokee 3.0L 4x4 (WK)

vingtsun

Oh no, is that a preventative measure or did the old one die?

Hope that you get it back soon.

Sent from my I3312 using Tapatalk
it was leaking oil...

FYI - the exhaust elbow, from the back of the turbo, is a very soft malleable metal, it is on nation wide back order (CODE for they do not make anymore!).

luckily in the past i order pieces from CB-engineering that make all kinds of engine modifications for the WK. I have the DPF and EGR delete and other pipe replacements. Anyway, I called Christian and he had the piece I needed to finish the job.

Moral of the story if looking for WK OM642 modifications, look at https://cb-engineer.com/. Christian, who owns several WKs, offers great products at competitive prices. If you own a WK - check him out!!

End of commercial....

I just got skid plates from goliath4x4 (ebay) that are great, front differential bushings (creative steel) - they are my next projects...

Last edited:

vingtsun

Is this the part you replaced from CB? Also did you get the bolts out that hold the OEM downpipe to the turbo. I am afraid to unbolt them because they look easy to strip.
https://cb-engineer.com/products/turbo-downpipe
I had to replace the bolts ~$10 for six. the local jeep store had to order but could get them! After all those miles, heat and a generous supply of lock-tight (?) they had to be replaced and could not be salvaged...

If you contact Christian directly he may still have the piece from the back of the turbo (replacing the exhaust elbow) and the down pipe. I called explained my situation and he still had at least one available.

He provides good quality bits and stands behind them.... If you contact him - tell him Rick from Maryland sent you.

2005LJ

Just bought an 09’ WK Hemi overland. Subbed and looking for ideas to turn this into the Overlander that I take touring when I retire in 3 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12