2008 paddling season has begun

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Most of the fun rivers round here are still iced up but fortunately a couple are clear enough so last weekend we braved the frigid waters for some much needed therapy. Sorry no pictures to prove we had fun but we did. :wings:

Even post-holing out through the snow wearing wetsuit booties was worth every painful, frozen, footstep to back be in a boat again!

Cheers,
Graham

Dave

Explorer
Nice! We have our first paddling trip of the year on the calendar, but it's a ways off still.

Everything is out of it's banks around here.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Your more hard core then me Graham. While I love creek running, I don't like the snow and rain this time of year has to offer. On the other hand I seem to have no problem paddling in Nov. floating for ducks while it's snowing and raining.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Nice! I was home a couple of weeks ago and was jonesing to get either my kayak or canoe out. Unfortunately there was no open water to be found, really without travelling out over broken ice a ways on Lake Superior and I'm generally not into that. By the time I get home in April there should start being some open water. Paddling amongst the icebergs is really cool. Can't wait for paddling season!!

kellymoe

Expedition Leader
This is shaping up to be a good season in Southern California for or local creeks. My only problem is my paddling partner is a new dad and cant seem to break away. There are a few good creeks just 30 minutes from downtown Los Angeles that are flowing right now. If anyone has at least a class 3 skill level and a sense of adventure let me know, I need a partner:sombrero:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12