2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab 2.7L with AT Flippac, OME Suspension, LC Header

2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab 2.7L with AT Flippac, OME Suspension, LC Header

SOLD

Located in Henderson, Nevada.

I am sad to say our adventure rig of the last 7 years is up for sale. It has been the source of much exploration and enjoyment, and my hope is that the future owner of this rig will continue to enjoy it for many more years to come. We would be keeping it, but our needs have outgrown this rig, and we must sadly upsize. I have been meticulous with all maintenance and have used synthetic oil exclusively. Everything has been maintained per the factory recommendations. We purchased it with 19,000 miles as a Toyota Certified Used vehicle and have been the sole owners since then. Please see all of the detailed specs below.

2008 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab

--2.7L 4 cylinder engine
--5 speed manual transmission
--130,000 miles (This will go up slightly since we are still driving this rig.)
--Cooper Discoverer ATP tires with only 5000 miles on them
--Pioneer AVHX2600 BT receiver with upgraded speakers (can't remember the brand, but it sounds good) Comes with hands-free speaker that connects via Bluetooth to your phone. This works very well.
--Power windows, power locks, cruise control, tow package, sliding rear window, keyless entry with 2 keys and remotes
--The exterior of this car is in great condition but has the typical rock chip here and there as is to be expected. The frame looks great with no rust. The dry desert is nice on steel compared to a humid environment.

UPGRADES:

--Old Man Emu Full Suspension System with Dakaar rear leaf springs, Old Man Emu front coil-over Springs, and shocks
--LC Engineering Header (This really adds to the drivability of the 2.7L. It lowers the RPMs for maximal torque to help with cruising and just makes the 2.7L really shine. I will include the factory header as well.)
--LC Engineering Pro Clutch Kit (This was replaced at 110,000 miles. The factory clutch was fine, I just hated it. This clutch has way better feel and lock up while still being very drivable.)
--URD short throw shifter (This kit makes shifts much quicker and precise. It actually makes the truck go into all gears smoother.)

AT Flippac
--professionally mounted by the folks at Adventure Trailers in Prescott, AZ
--Purchased in 2012
--includes side windows on the shell
--AT mounted light box with 2, 12V plugs and LED lighting
--AT sourced rain fly included
--custom memory foam mattress (I replaced the original mattress that came with the Flippac and should have done this long ago. This is a very comfortable mattress that makes for a very restful night of sleep.)

This Flippac is in excellent condition. It has some very slight signs of use. One of the windows on the fiberglass shell has a tear in the mesh netting material. It would be a simple fix. I just haven't gotten around to it. There is also an area along the rear facing portion of the tent where it comes in contact with the support bar when folded down that shows some rub signs. I would suspect this is typical of all Flippacs. I have been able to mitigate it by putting a pad between the tent and support bar and this seems to have solved the problem. The torsion bar is going strong. I think I got lucky and got a good one! It also helps that this has been in the dry climate of southern Nevada. I will also include the plywood table I made and an action packer that fits all the bedding materials nicely at the front of the truck bed. It makes for a simple cooking platform when the weather is nasty and is easily removed.

Feel free to e-mail jedlowe1@yahoo.com with any questions or private message me here.

image_zpssugogx1k.jpeg

image_zpsv0hi3r5o.jpeg

image_zps27kgd0bh.jpeg

image_zps9kkmgxui.jpeg

image_zps75bxwvii.jpeg

image_zpsiqo08mqz.jpeg

IMG_9136_zpsembscnep.jpg

Last edited:
Some people have requested interior shots of the truck and a pic of the Flippac closed, so I am updating the ad with these requested photos. I didn't clean it up from the last outing, so pardon the dust!

image_zpsrisiftsi.jpeg

image_zpsfkujxnad.jpeg

image_zpsp9bjryvf.jpeg

image_zpsxic35wxa.jpeg

image_zps5iblchsp.jpeg

image_zpsdcpfrmso.jpeg

I have had a lot of inquiries and interested parties, but no firm commitment yet. I have another rig I am interested in, so I would entertain reasonable offers.

taco007

Observer
If you would consider selling just the flip pack let me know. I'm in the market and live close enough to Henderson.

Thank you and good luck.
Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12