2012 F550 4x4 AMBO $70k OBO

BryantKnives

2012 Ford F550 XLT 4x4 Ambulance Expedition Base

$70K OBO
Untitled7.jpg

Located in South MS, but willing to travel.

18k GVWR 14 ft long box 6 ft headroom

226k miles

I am currently living in this truck full time. I have driven it a few thousand miles around and I still occasionally drive it weekly as the weather warms up.
I built it out myself to include: 42 gal Fresh tank, pump with accumulator correctly adjusted so it's smooth flowing. Full Shower, Laveo wrapping toilet. Full Deep sink, 4 gals hot water (electric and engine heated). Hot water recirc circuit. All of the plumbing and electrical is accessible, and inside the heated envelope. All of the exterior compartments are usable and operating. They all (except the fluids box) lock with the keyfob.
Key Points: 5kwh of 48v EG4 battery, shore charging, vehicle charging, 3kw EG4 inverter/charger, 900w bifacial solar with Victron controller. Second backup inverter for truck charging.
Plank ceiling, standard residential cabinets. 5kw bluetooth diesel heater.
Just under 6' headroom, r15 in walls r20 insulation in ceiling. 9k BTU mini split, runs off of battery for up to 4 days with solar. Battery box is already speced for second battery.
Storage everywhere, including a hanging closet, clothes drawers/cabinets, underbed, under sink, under dinette.

The chassis: 2012 F550 4x4 factory with Founders Super Singles. Motor/Trans/Transfercase all replaced within last 100k miles. Tuned and Deleted with light tow tune. This was owned by a small rural type department and they told me they used it to travel a lot. They provided me with all of the maintenance history they had, roughly 8 years or so. Seats aren't in the best shape, but easy to put some katzkins on. AC clutch is out, but I will get to it one day as the saying goes. Interior of truck really needs to be finished out, I haven't focused much there. 10" Joying head unit with nav, constant on Rear View Camera. Surprisingly powerful, truck stripped weighs about 13k. With all of my gear (like every tool I own) and full tanks of everything me and the dog it's about 16,500. I could easily shed 1k of tools/hardware.

I can EASILY carry 2 months of food, and with a water bladder could probably make it 2 months as well. I can get about 10 days out of the 42 gallons with a shower every day. With the outdoor compartments, I have all of the room I need, I even carry a backup 12v fridge freezer. Inside is a fairly large outdoor bar fridge.

There are small items that need addressing: the AC clutch, and interior of the truck. The box needs a few pieces of trim, and some minor paint touchups. There's a small switch panel I've been meaning to build but haven't. I've been planning to put the froli system in. Minor things that are probably a weekend of work all together.

I've started to do more international travel. Currently I have 3 6.7 diesels and 2 normal vehicles. I'm trying to streamline my life, I'm moving into a crewcab 550 that i can pull a travel trailer with as well as my mobile shop. This has been a great truck for me, but I can't hook any of my goosenecks to it, so it's not the one truck solution I need at this time.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a ton of things. If you have questions, feel free to ask here or my IG is @TheRamboAmbo (sadly pretty empty)
I'm in South America currently, so IG is probably better for instant response.

Untitled7.jpgUntitled8.jpgUntitled9.jpgUntitled1.jpgUntitled2.jpgUntitled3.jpgUntitled4.jpgUntitled5.jpgUntitled6.jpgUntitled10.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior