2013 Photo's in Review

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Looking back at where 2013 took me while I was working in Sheridan Wyoming.

January I moved from Colorado Springs, Co to Sheridan, Wyoming

Visited ‘Little Bighorn Battlefield National' Monument in Montana
P1080088.jpg

In Feburary I continued my Battlefield tour and visited ‘Wagon Box Monument', ‘Fort Phil Kearny' and the ‘Fetterman Monument'.

Wagon Box Fight
P1080194Stitch_zps98cccd75.jpg

P1080192_zps5675c9f1.jpg

Fort Phil Kearny
P1080267Stitch_zpsfbb43558.jpg

P1080308_zps471003be.jpg

Fetterman Monument
P1080369_zpsbb5debd0.jpg

P1080371_zpse47fc18b.jpg

P1080372Stitch_zpsdf6a6f8f.jpg

In March I made the trip out to ‘Devil's Tower' and hiked around it and watched some climbers make the ascent up it. Also, explored around northern Wyoming and Southern Montana testing out my new camera.

Devils Tower
P1080446_zps7147c209.jpg

Climbers
P1080519_zps2e79cb6f.jpg

Tongue River Reservoir

Last edited:

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
In April found my way out to the’ Hole in Wall’ with some old and new friends. A few weeks later I also made the trip out to the site of the ‘Outlaw Cave’.

Hole in the Wall area

Outlaw Cave area

May I hike and biked the ‘Tongue River trail’ just outside of Dayton, Wyoming

In June I took a long weekend and made a 700 mile trip though Wyoming on a ‘Ghost Town’ tour. Visiting the sites of Kirwin, Miner’s Delight, Atlantic and South Pass City with a stop at the ‘Sinks Canyon’ state park and the ‘Wille Handcart Site’

Kirwin, Wyoming

The Sinks Canyon State Park

The Sink

The river that feeds the sink

Miners Delight

Atlantic City

Will Handcraft Site and the Pony Express Trail

Between Atlantic and South Pass City

South Pass City

June I also began exploring the ‘Northern Bighorn Mountains’ either by mountain bike or my 4runner.

Freeze out Point

Skull Ridge

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
In July my brother flew up from Arizona to join me for a week long trip to ‘Glacier National Park’ and a trip to Banff, Canada which ended being a bust since we were denied entry at the border crossing so we made our way over to ‘Yellowstone’.

Iceberg Lake area

Logan Pass and Hidden Lake

St. Mary Falls

Yellowstone

I also continued my exploration of the ‘Northern Bighorn Mountains’ this time my exploration took me to Bucking Mule and Porcupine Falls.

Bucking Mule Falls

Porcupine Falls

August saw me mountain biking the 17 mile loop of ‘Woodchuck Pass’ in the Northern Bighorns.

September I took another camping trip into to the Northern Bighorns to the ‘Shell Reservoir’ area and some of the surrounding lakes and forest service roads.

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
October I found myself back in Montana exploring the Pryor Mountain Area on two separate occasions; first my car and second by mountain bike.

Skyes Ridge area

View from Burnt Timber Ridge

2nd trip by mountain bike up Burnt Timber Ridge Road.

November saw pretty much squat for any sort of trips since I was back in Utah for two weeks looking for housing on the weekends while I was back in the main office of the company I work for.

December saw me moving back to Utah and a road trip down to Phoenix Arizona for Christmas. While in Phoenix my family and I visited the Mesa LDS Temple lights and the rebuilt ghost town of ‘Goldfield'. On my way back to Utah I stopped off to visit Montezuma's Castle.

Mesa, Arizona LDS Tempe

Goldfiled, Arizona

Montezuma's Castle

The past two years living in Colorado and Wyoming opened themselves for some great explorations. As for 2014 I'm sure where it's going to take me so I'm just going to play it by ear for the time being.

doug720

Expedition Leader
Nice report and shots of some beautiful areas.

I have visited some of the places, but many years ago. Some have changed, some for the better, some for the worse, but at least we can still go to these wonderful areas!

Doug

mph

Expedition Leader
outstanding pics! will have to bug you and get some of your Wyoming insights...thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12