2013 Porsche Cayenne Diesel test drive

haven

Expedition Leader
Truck Trend had a chance to drive the 2013 Porsche Cayenne with Diesel engine and 8 speed auto trans. They returned, impressed.

http://www.trucktrend.com/roadtests/suv/163_1209_2013_porsche_cayenne_diesel_first_drive/index.html

Epa rates the Cayenne at 29 mpg highway. That means a range of over 700 miles between fill ups.

The Cayenne is only a few thousand more than a comparably equipped VW Touareg. Surely the Porsche key fob is worth that much as a conversation-starter.

Cayenne and Touareg. Lack a two speed transfer case. If you think the wide ratio 8 speed trans isn't low enough, then consider the Mercedes ML or Jeep Grand Cherokee. Both offer diesel and low range for 2013 (Jeep maybe early next yearas a 2014).

Nomad_K

Adventurer
Thanks for the link! While I didn't look at the new Cayenne due to the lack of low-range, 29 mpg on the highway is very, very tempting.

Site

Now these 2nd gen Cayenne are $20k-$30k depend on conditions, spec and mileage..
Thinking/dreaming/imagining about getting ..

Porsche Cayenne 958 Diesel | Overland /Off Road Build | Idea Pics | Planning |

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

casioqv

Dr. Diesel
I know this is a decade old thread... but it's not true that the Cayenne and Touareg don't have low range- they both had low range in 2010 and earlier models. Porsche didn't start selling the diesel until after they dropped low range, so you need a Touareg if you want low range and diesel.

Note that the low range was only dropped in some markets, 2011+ models can't get it in the USA, but in many other countries the Touareg has a 4XMotion option, which adds low range.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan