2014 Ford Expedition EL Build

I'm glad I asked, too! Thanks for the detailed response and the great photos.

I really like that the platform has multiple cut-outs to make use of the floor storage. I still have multiple family and friend passengers, so I'm not going to be able to pull the third row like you've done, but the idea is inspiring all the same. I also don't have previous holes to use, so I'm probably going to through-bolt the piece after drilling holes near where the jack rests. Any worries about the relief holes you've drilled for the bolt heads significantly reducing pull-through strength?

I also really like the way you've done the raised drawer slide for jack access, but in order to save weight, I'm going to see how I like living without drawers and just using containers in that space. Just thinking about lift-out covers for the jack space and the others for now.

Again, fantastic write-up so far, and much appreciated.
I added washers on both sides for the bolt heads and the nuts underneath. And this is mostly to keep everything stationary but the drawers have enough weight to keep everything in place.

I added clamps on each side to keep the top platform in place so it wont slide around while driving and moving. I recently added clamps to the back as well so I have attachment points at all 4 corners. These detach with ease allowing the platform to be lifted in the event of a flat tire. I'm sure there's a better way to do this but it was my solution at the time and has worked thus far.

IMG_2300.PNG
IMG_2301.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior