2014 JKUR AEV Build - Billet Silver

HeliNomad

Adventurer
This is my third build on an overland vehicle. My first was a 2004 Discovery which was a great learning platform. My second a fully restored 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 NAS which was a masterpiece. My third and perhaps the greatest overland vehicle I've ever owned a 2014 Wrangler Rubicon. I have now ordered a 2017 Mercedes G Wagon and I'm headed down a new road so it's time for someone else to pick up where I have left off with my pride and joy Jeep.

The Jeep was my opportunity to make the most of a solid platform based on the JK350 concept from AEV and continue from there. As this was my main driver I needed a balance of daily functionality and overland prowess. I was fortunate to work closely with Jeep/AEV dealership Pollard in Colorado who had an adjacent excellent off road shop ran by expert Rob York. Rob spent extensive time with me and overland consultant Mario Donavan from Adventure Trailers to design and ultimately build the truck directly on a brand new fully loaded JK platform ordered through Pollard. No expense was spared in the process and the result is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Coming from the Defender 110 I was ready for some creature comforts of a modern vehicle. Rob at the time worked with a legendary audio house in Colorado who intimately knew the JK and was installing these very balanced and very expensive Focal audio systems. I wanted a drawer system in the rear and the Jeep's stock subwoofer would not be compatible nor was it adequate for the Focal. Rob came up with an excellent solution and the result was an audiophile's dream. They also perfectly integrated a backup camera solution into the stock 730N head unit.

The rest of the install simply checked boxes for my needs. An ARB air-compressor, factory 7-pin trailer wiring, winch, off road lighting, automatic dual battery, AEV roof rack, HAM radio with GPS APRS position reporting system, rear drawer system with ARB fridge slide out, retractable access step, and a whole lot more. Ultimately what makes this build work so well is how well it all integrates into the stock platform. With over $90,000 invested, it's turn-key for your adventure.

Like all of my vehicles it is flawless. No rust, no damage, no dings, no dents, the interior is perfect, it get's washed and waxed constantly by a professional, it lives in an air conditioned garage in dry climate Napa Valley, California. It's never been abused off road, “rock crawled”, or on a beach near salt water. With only 12,010 miles it's still a spring chicken. It is the most fuss free vehicle I have ever owned and now it can be yours.

More details are below and I'm available for any questions.

Base Vehicle:

2014 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4x4

Milage: 12,010 miles

Exterior Color: Billet Silver Metallic
Interior Color: Black Leather
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual

Factory Optional Equipment:
Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats
Heated Front Seats
Rubicon Package
Connectivity Group with Bluetooth Hands Free
Individual Tire Pressure Monitoring Display
Electronic Vehicle Information Center
Max Tow Package
Class II 4-Inch Receiver Hitch
Trailer Tow with 4-Pin Connector Wiring (Upgraded to 7-pin with Mopar kit)
Supplemental Front Seat Mounted Side Airbags
Air Conditioning with Automatic Temp Control
Freedom Top Body Color 3 Piece Hard Top
Rear Window Defroster
Rear Window Wiper/Washer
U-Connent 730N
40GB HD with 20GB available
Sirius XM Travel Link
SinusXM Traffic
Remote USB Port

Upgrades:

Rigid Industries E-Series 20” Spot/Flood Combo
Truck Lite 7” Round LED Headlamp
Truck Lite Fog Replacement
AEV Rear Mount 10 Gallon Fuel Caddy
AEV Hi-Lift / Pull-Pal Mount
AEV JK Corner Guards
AEV JK Front Bumper - Premium
AEV JK Front Bumper Skid Plate
AEV JK Heat Reduction Hood (with black mesh)
AEV JK Rear Bumper
AEV JK Tire Carrier
AEV JK Winch Mount
AEV LHD 3.5” 4dr Dual Sport RS Suspension
AEV Pump Accessory, Rear Bumper Water Tank
AEV Roof Rack Platform
AEV Full Raised Rail Kit for Roof Rack
AEV Front and Rear seat covers (installed since new)
Factory MOPAR rubber floor mats - front and rear
Warn 9.5 CTI
Viking OffRoad Synthetic Winch Line
Hi-Lift 48” X-Treme Jack
Hi-Lift Handle Keeper Black
1310 HD Driveshaft - Front
Rigid SR-M - Rear LED Light (work light)
Hidden Retractable Side steps
sPOD 12-13 Wrangler
AEV CHMSL (3rd brake light)
AEV Rear Mud Flaps
ARB Twin Air Compressor (under driver seat) (air chuck ready)
AEV JK Snorkel Kit with Pre-filter
Aeroforce CNC Winch fairlead
Molar 7-pin wiring harness
AEV Argent 17 x 8.5 Argent Wheels
BF Goodrich MT KM2 35 x 12.50R17
Custom Focal Audio Conversion with custom subwoofer
ARB Drawer System
ARB Fridge Slide Out Custom Mount from Adventure Trailer
Dual Automatic Battery Solution - Genesis Off Road (Dual Odyssey PC1500s)
Kenwood TM-D710 Ham Radio custom install with GPS APRS Sender and Receiver
Custom Mounted BackUp Camera with full 730N integration

Service:

All fluids changed to Amsoil synthetics after break in period.

Price: SOLD

PM me for contact information, additional information. Thanks!

Jeep for Sale - 15 of 24.jpg

Last edited:

HeliNomad

Adventurer
Nomad, did you sell your Defender 110? It was beautiful.

Yes a while ago. Copley sold it for me. They did a great job. It was a great truck but I have to say...I'm glad I don't have a Defender anymore. Onwards to the G Wagon project now.

IMG_1289.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12