2015 F250 Gasser, week points

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
The 7.3 will be in 350/450/550/650/750 chassis cab trucks. I'd imagine it'll be in rv's and civvy trucks as well. It should have 6.0 diesel levels of towing power.

There's huge demand for medium duty like trucks that aren't diesel, milk trucks, powerline bucket trucks etc etc. Local use trucks. The diesels lack reliability in such conditions.

Seabass

Idiot
I'm so sick of the diesels. Don't get me wrong, in the early days they were the way to go. The old 12 valve cummins, 6.2 Chevy's, even the under-powered 6.9 and 7.3 IDI's were dependable, and did a lot of work. I grew up around all of them. While none of the early engines were quit as simple and dependable as the old cummins, they all had a role. Currently I still own one. A 1997 F-350 with a 7.3 power stroke. I do like it. It's not as stout as the old cummins I came out of, but it's no slouch either. But.....it has just enough electronics on it that it can be problematic. I just don't trust it. And it's expensive to maintain. Now, my other 1997 F-350 has a 460. While it is stupid hard on gas- it's AMAZINGLY dependable. It always starts, even when temps are sub-zero. There's very few things that will just randomly shut it down - unlike its big diesel counterpart. Maybe a fuel pump....which live in the fuel tanks. But I have a flat bed and can and have changed them both with the bed on. There's room. So the point is- I'll own one of them 6.2's one day. If I could choose....I'd have a new-ish F-350 4x4 extended cab long bed (and not a dual wheel job either) I'll take an auto, please (both my current trucks are manual shift). I'd also like that XL package that has a tilt wheel and power door locks and windows while still wearing vinyl seats and floor. That'd be sweet. No DEF, no "deletes" to do. No $100 dollar services, and it seems like every diesel repair will run $1,000 or more. BLAH!!!! And I keep hearing people say "I can justify a gas, I don't haul more than 10,000 pounds." Yeah, well I tow over 20,000 with my 460 plenty. It's not as fast as the diesel, and it'll drink a barge worth of gas. But it pulls it. And not bad either. I think I'm done with the diesels. Interesting thread, thanks for starting it, and thanks to the guys posting!

My manual (2015 F250 6.2L V8) states 5w20, so I'm confulsed????

I have a 2017 F350 with the 6.2. All this talk about 5w20 vs. 5w30 prompted me to take a look at the manual. It actually says to use 5w30. Now I need to return the 5w20 I bought for the first oil change.

Seabass

Idiot
In all my ramblings in my last post I forgot to ask....What kind of real world MPG's are the 6.2's yielding? I'm particularly curious the difference between auto and manual shift trucks. I'm pretty dang interested in these rides and could see purchasing one in the not to distant future.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Empty my 6.2 F250 has been averaging about 14MPG
That's normal every day commuting, easy on the go pedal.

Highway I've seen as high as 16MPG, cruise control set, at 65-70mph
Extended cab long bed, 4x4, 6-speed auto, 3:73s AND 35'S, with a big-ars ARB modular up front.
Numbers are hand calc'd and corrected for the tires. Honestly, I do not think the larger tires effected anything.

just be warned.... these motors sound amazing at high revs.
Its always a bit temping to flog them..... :cool:

So your mileage may vary!

They are amazing trucks. Simply from an axle and brakes point of view, they are light years ahead of the previous generation.
Huge axles and brakes. They also look the part. Damn good looking trucks IMO

Im currently fitting mine with a custom flatbed to haul the camper.

43424555384_f10ab59d90_b.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
There are no more manual Fords TTBOMK.

But the 6r100g and 6r140 are about as good as it gets for a trans.

MR. ED

Observer
2014 F350 CC short bed 4:30 and 33's lightly loaded and I'm getting 12.5 mpg according to the computer. Next long drive I'll hand calculate the numbers. I just got the 2 inch spring kit from Bilstein and will be installing it soon. I got this truck because my old '13 F150 couldn't handle a trailer full of hay and I despised the 5.5 foot bed. Mines an xl with manual windows, locks, and transfer case. Only weak point is the rougher ride.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Nope. Real solid truck. Body rust was the only downside to my 2008.

Lifts over 3" need exhaust mods or skinny drive shaft. Cut the crossover brace and realign the down tube. Remove the springs and work the suspension up to check. Bds is my favorite gas lift kit. Opt for the cheap shocks, get Kings later.

Don't back your exhaust into things, or it'll leak at the headers like a Gm 6.0.

Lube the front hubs and operate 4wd as often as possible, anytime you're going straight, to loosen it up.

Keep a spare starter handy and the tools to swap it.

You can adjust the sector gear to tighten up the steering, it loosens up with age. Make sure you have plenty of caster. More than the oem limits.

You can't spend too much on damping. Custom shocks with tons of rear rebound damping are nice.

Adjustable trac bars are nice. Jury is out who has the best one. Trac bars need to be in new condition and you need a huge wrench 20 feet long to torque the truck side bolt. Torque to complete retard strength.

I think 35's fit stock on a 18x9, +18mm, wheel. The obama sensors suck. I just put tape over that idiot light.

Don't fear the gear. 4.56-4.88 are great with bigger tires. Detroit or Yukon locker front, selectable rear, is my hot setup for big Fords now. The front axle is so locker friendly, it's a shame not to.
That's funny regarding the tape. I do the same thing with our Honda. The mandated low tire light comes on intermittently. Dealer scanned it. Nothing.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
The 7.3 will be in 350/450/550/650/750 chassis cab trucks. I'd imagine it'll be in rv's and civvy trucks as well. It should have 6.0 diesel levels of towing power.

There's huge demand for medium duty like trucks that aren't diesel, milk trucks, powerline bucket trucks etc etc. Local use trucks. The diesels lack reliability in such conditions.
UPS and Fedex are chucking the diesels. No much caca on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger