2019 Ford Ranger (27K miles) and Phoenix Pop Up--currently in San Diego-- ($62K OBO)

jturlz

2019 Ford Ranger and 2021 Phoenix Pop Up

I would really like to sell this as a combo, as the camper was custom designed for the truck and the two are a perfect pairing. I would consider selling separately, but the camper would have to go before the truck.

I researched and searched for at least two years before pulling the trigger on this rig and dialling it in. The goal was to make the ultimate Baja rig in a small package that we wouldn’t mind daily driving. We’ve done that and then some. I’ve been blown away by this Ford Ranger, as the Ecoboost has more grunt than a Taco, it feels amazing on the highway and it handles the weight of the camper like it’s nothing. I’m sad to be selling this not long after getting it so totally dialed in, but we’ve fallen in love with a little place in Costa Rica and would like to buy a little plot of land there.

2019 Ford Ranger Super Cab 4x4 (6ft bed)
-Only 27K miles (this will go up slightly, as we daily drive it)
-Heavy Duty High Output Alternator that charges the camper batteries while you drive
-tailgate can close with camper in it for added security
-numbered keypad on driver door, so you can surf/hike/bike/explore without bringing your keys

Upgrades installed by Main Line Overland:
-Powerbrake Stage 1 Big Brake Kit, including braided brake lines, caliper backstays and calipers, as well as front rotors and brake pads
-Evo Corse Dakar Zero 17x8” wheels
-ARB Nitrocharger sport kit suspension with heavy load rear leaf springs
-SPC adjustable upper control arms and aluminum suspension knuckles
-Airlift airbags and compressor with remote for visor

Additional Buildout in truck:
-rear seat delete (seats come with sale and can be reinstalled in minutes)
-Custom plywood platform with divider and stacked bins for a ton of additional modular storage

2021 Phoenix Pop up
-Unused until spring 2023. Original owners were a retired couple that had the camper custom made by Phoenix for the Ranger, but due to Covid backlog, it took a long time for the order to be filled. During that time, the wife hurt her ankle. When they picked up the camper, they realized she couldn’t get in and out easily. They went and traded it in for a Sprinter. When I bought it, everything was still in plastic and hadn’t been camped in even once. It came with:
-Reico Titan Jacks
-Phoenix’s ratchet strap tie down system (can’t say enough good things about this setup)
-Queen-size bed (east-west) with underbed storage and gas strut assist
-12v compressor fridge (2.3 cu ft) w/ freezer
-Dometic roof fan
-electric roof lift
-Thermal Pack popup material
-20 gallon fresh water
-10 gallon grey water
-glass covered sink
-30a converter and 110 electrical via shorepower
-engineered countertop (cracked due to silly error on first camping trip, but very solidly fixed)
-propane heater
-microwave in cabinetry
-exterior shower
-cassette toilet in indoor shower enclosure (cassette toilet never used)
-wall mounted AC
-side dinette that turns into extra sleeping area for child or dogs.

I upfitted it for our use case (as avid surfers and mountain bikers with a dog):
-swapped out the 100aH AGM battery for two 100aH lithium batteries (200aH total)
-2000 Watt Industrial Pure Sine Wave Inverter from Rich Solar
  • Added 2x 110 outlet for inverter next to the external inverter switch, and USB and USB-C
  • Microwave and AC unit can now run on the battery in addition to shore power.
-Renogy 500A Battery Monitor with shunt
-Installed (3) 150 Watt Solar panels for a total of 450 Watts of solar. There is an ADDITIONAL 100 Watt panel on the roof that can connect to a solar generator like an Ecoflow or Jackery. This is the panel that the camper came with. The reason this is not connected to the other 3 panels is because it would throttle the panels down to 100Watts instead of the full 150 Watts, and the 100Watt panel is partially in shadow when the surfboards are on the roof.
-Installed tankless instant water heater (propane) for sink and shower (indoor and outdoor) and coiled sink hose with diverter to be used for dishes or as a shower head for indoor shower.
-Lots of practical and thoughtful storage and organization solutions added, including:
  • Airline tracks on side and rear
Rear: two folding steps/handholds to access roof, to tie down collapsing stairs to camper, for holding recovery gear, buckets and dog bowl.
Side: for attaching string lights, dog tie out, etc and for attached Neso tent as a lightweight canopy alternative. (deleted and sold factory canopy for weight savings of about 100lbs)
  • Front Runner roof rack
  • Inno Locking Surfboard Rack (we travel with two longboards and a 6’8” board and the rack handles this perfectly, without blocking the solar panels
  • Axia Alloys roof rail mount for Starlink
  • 2-bike hitch mounted bike rack (rattle-free and lockable) that folds up close to tailgate when not in use, and tilts down when in use for extra easy access to camper
  • EZ Reach Rotating RV Table (better than Lagun table), with table top that doubles as the platform to turn the dinette into a bed.
  • Hooks, cubby organizers, magnetic knife holder, mesh baskets, etc

ADDITIONAL:
-Starlink. We both worked remotely for 7 weeks from the camper in the White Mountains, Acadia and Nova Scotia and Starlink made this possible. It will come with both a roof mount and the factory stand. We drove through Acadia (35mph speed limit) with Starlink attached to roof and never lost service. We also like to park in the shade, and then run the Starlink out to clear sky with the extended cable and stand.
-Weber camp stove for cooking in the camper or at the campsite. Stores perfectly under the AC Unit for easy access
-DC bed warmer (much safer and more efficient than electric blanket)
-Oxygenics Fury RV shower head for great pressure, inside or outside shower.
-Recovery items: 2 traction boards, foldable shovel, recovery straps
-RV inline water filter for hose for great tasting water from campsite waterfill station
-Neso Tent (used as an awning when attached to airline tracks or as designed at the beach

iCloud Photo Album:
https://share.icloud.com/photos/0d1Llu4Tr2p7uHdt-Rn5ykiIA

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, as I'm sure I forgot some things. Would be happy to meet with or FaceTime serious buyers. Would pick you up from the airport with deposit and can help arrange accommodations for you for a night if you're coming from a long way away. Can also help arrange shipping. I love this rig and really want it to go to a good home.

Attachments

• IMG_3721.JPEG
    IMG_3721.JPEG
    896.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 743F17DC-8C7F-404C-A91F-D6FDAD3B47FA-7645-000004163E5D8A76.JPEG
    743F17DC-8C7F-404C-A91F-D6FDAD3B47FA-7645-000004163E5D8A76.JPEG
    5 MB · Views: 145
  • 3C7D2D44-6A3E-4D67-B939-91257459C335-7645-00000416A8CC4EC2.JPEG
    3C7D2D44-6A3E-4D67-B939-91257459C335-7645-00000416A8CC4EC2.JPEG
    3.8 MB · Views: 147
Last edited:

Forum statistics