2019 RAM Power Wagon - PeeWee

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
I went with the LP9 pros. The guy that installed them is a Rigid Industries dealer and tried to lean me to the Radiance series, but based on research and feedback from Here, I decided to go Baja. The guy was blown away at the quality, but more so the lumin output. He called the light canons!

I only have some after dark shots now - more tomorrow

Attachments

• 5EFC7EAA-AFFE-4021-BC1A-C4611FCF1F73.jpeg
    5EFC7EAA-AFFE-4021-BC1A-C4611FCF1F73.jpeg
    104.6 KB · Views: 130
  • C49EF240-9E0E-44E4-B021-85E708690122.jpeg
    C49EF240-9E0E-44E4-B021-85E708690122.jpeg
    106 KB · Views: 127
  • 76ADE609-CB09-4F22-AC86-7CBF33F27D27.jpeg
    76ADE609-CB09-4F22-AC86-7CBF33F27D27.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 123

nater

Adventurer
Yesssssssss. They are amazing right? Did you have to notch the grill to get them to sit that far back? Need some close up shots!

Is the lower power setting still too bright to use in traffic at night? Are you running 2 of the same beam pattern?

Considering a pair these lights to mount on my 18 PW’s ARB bumper.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Both same. I have mine tied to high beam. To quote installer: “light cannons”

the radiance (amber) rubs with regular beam and we simply a nice glow - and can be fun in normal traffic. The high beams (as with normal high beams) require consideration.

Bayou Boy

Adventurer
Is the lower power setting still too bright to use in traffic at night? Are you running 2 of the same beam pattern?

Considering a pair these lights to mount on my 18 PW’s ARB bumper.

If aimed correctly and carefully, BD Squadrons in the wide cornering beam are amazing in normal road driving and illicit zero flashes from cars. They light up a ton to the sides and front. I had them in amber and Squadron Pro clear spots in their fog mounts in the bumper of my 2014 Ram 3500.

nater

Adventurer
Dendy - where did you tap into for the amber glow? Mine arrived, and I have the harness all laid out ready to solder up (using a 5 pin relay in conjunction with my SPOD so I have On/Off on one switch, and High/Low on another) - just trying to see where to tap for the amber.

Last edited:

St8ton

Any interference with the front facing camera?
And, was the bumper removed to get to the bolts for tightening the lights?

Both same. I have mine tied to high beam. To quote installer: “light cannons”

the radiance (amber) rubs with regular beam and we simply a nice glow - and can be fun in normal traffic. The high beams (as with normal high beams) require consideration.

Dendy Jarrett

Expedition Portal Admin
Staff member
Nater, I had a shop put them on. All I can tell you is that if the lights are on (running or otherwise), the amber is glowing. The lights themselves are tied to high-beam.

St8ton, the bumper removal wasn't necessary.

D

zblink

@Dendy Jarrett

depending on how deep that crossing was or if there were any others besides that, I would seriously consider replacing drivetrain fluids (diffs, tcase, trans)
- Trans needs competent mechanic with proper scan tool to complete, a new oil pan and the ZF unicorn piss fluid
the others can be done in the driveway

1. my rear diff fluid looked like garbage and was foaming easily with only 11K on the odometer
2. the breathers were ridiculously short on my 19 power wagon about and inch in length
- front axle breather didn't even rise above the housing
- t-case was at the top of the case protruding forward
- trans top of case coming off the side (there wasn't even a ball valve cap on this one either just a plastic cap that slipped on (no clamp possible that looked like an orange juicer just to keep large crap out)

I routed those 3 up high into the engine compartment

The rear axle breather wasn't much better but at least up to the bottom of the frame rail i moved that up into the bedside by the bed rail

I also added magnets to the diffs while i was in there

Attachments

• 20200114_170943.jpg
    20200114_170943.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 29
  • 20200127_190103.jpg
    20200127_190103.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 28

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member